- Lingerie Babe Farrah Kader's Latest Pictures Will Make You Swoon! Too Hot To Handle
- Mary Kom's Animated Avatar To Be India's First Girl Superhero!
- I Hate Losing: Priyanka On National Award Miss
- Sonam Kapoor's View On Kangana Ranaut Getting Best Actress Award
- Revealed: 60th Britannia Filmfare Awards Nominations
- 21st Annual Life OK Screen Awards Winners List: Shahid and Priyanka Win Again
Makers of the movie Mary Kom were in for a pleasant surprise as the film made a record collection of 17.25 Cr on the first two days of it's release. The movie's producers too have a reason to smile as it has raked money.
Based on the life of boxing champion M.C. Mary Kom, the unconventionally made biopic, which released on Friday in 1,800 screens in the India, has many high points - Omung Kumar's deft direction, convincing adaptation of real life story, and last but not the least - Priyanka's "wow and convincing" performance.
All these reasons have made the film collect Rs.17.25 crore in just two days, said a source. Priyanka Chopra's power-packed performance in Mary Kom has made it's Box office collection close to Rs.30 crore in its opening weekend. The National Award-winning actress hopes the movie has a 'wonderful run'.
The movie, released on Teachers' Day Sep 5, collected Rs.8.02 crore on Friday, Rs.9.25 crore on Saturday and Rs.11.05 crore on Sunday totalling Rs.28.32 crore for the weekend, said a source.
The excited actress Priyanka Chopra took it to her Twitter account for such an overwhelming response for her film.
"Thank you for the incredible response to #MaryKom. I guess this film was such a heart wrenching experience that the love is just overwhelming (sic)," she tweeted Saturday.
Mary Kom also features the newcomer Darshan Kumar, it is directed by Omung Kumar and co-produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Viacom18 Motion Pictures. The release was preceded by a world premiere at the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).