- Happy New Year To Fight It Out With Three Other Films At Box Office
- Happy New Year Gets A Release Date
- Happy New Year Songs Get Good Responses
- WOW PICTURES: Here's How Aishwarya Rai, Kareena, Deepika, Katrina & Others Celebrated The New Year!
- All You Need To Know About Pannaga Bharana's Happy New Year
- Shahrukh Khan & Ranveer Singh To Romance Deepika Padukone In SLB's Next?
- 10 Lovely & Splendid Pics Of Deepika Padukone From Instagram
- Awesome! Shahrukh Khan Promises To Do 3 Movies A Year
- These Crazy 'Behind The Sets' Pics Of SRK & Others, From Happy New Year Is Worth Seeing!
- MUST READ! When Deepika Padukone Met Shahrukh Khan For The First Time!
- When Nawazuddin Siddiqui Met Shahrukh Khan For The First Time!
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan: Even After Career-Best Performance, Salman Fails To Beat Shahrukh And Aamir!
- Kartik Aaryan: I Would Love To Do A Character Like Shahrukh Khan In Baazigar
The multi-starrer film Happy New Year starring Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood, Boman Irani and Vivaan Shah created history by making a Box Office collection of Rs 44.97 crores on Friday.
Although, it was expected that the first weekend collection of Happy New Year will be even better but the movie's business 0n Saturday and Sunday was comparatively less than the opening day collection.
However, Shahrukh Khan's Happy New Year managed to rope in excellent collection of Rs 31.60 crores on Saturday of its first weekend, followed by Rs 32.29 crores (approx) on first Sunday with almost 90 percent occupancy.
Thus, Happy New Year has entered the 100 crore club with a grand first weekend Box Office collection of Rs 108.86 crores in just three days, becoming one of the fastest Rs 100 crore earning Bollywood film in the domestic market.
Released in around 5000 screens all over India, the movie Happy New Year did not receive many positive reviews but that could not stop the much awaited flick from making superb Box Office business.
While, Shahrukh Khan and Deepika Paukone's multi starrer Happy New Year has already broken several Box Office records, it will be interesting to see whether the film manages to break Aamir Khan's Dhoom 3 world-wide Box Office record.
Check slider to read some of the critic reviews for Happy New Year...
If you go and watch Happy New Year, you will surely sit through it but will you walk out smiling? I can't take that guarantee.
This could have been a much better film if only it had dared to move out of its comfort zone. Happy New Year is a film that's bound to make you feel good, but trust me, the feeling won't last.
If its indulgences were trimmed, Happy New Year might have been a more enjoyable film.
As far as a final verdict is concerned, there is nothing wrong with Happy New Year if all that you are looking for is a good timepass and entertainment.
Times Of India
The cast pulls off their acts well; and leave you with some feel-good moments, but not enough to last three long hours.