- Madsaur Gang Rape Case: Swara Bhaskar, Esha Gupta, Farhan Akhtar & Others Say 'Enough Is Enough'!
- Aamir Khan Sets Trends On Instagram; Aishwarya Rai, Farhan Akhtar & Sushant Singh Rajput Follow!
- Ranveer Singh, Karan Johar & Others Praise Harshvardhan Kapoor's Bhavesh Joshi Trailer
- Shraddha Kapoor Will Get Married To Whom, Papa Shakti Kapoor Has The Answer!
- Kathua Rape Case: Sonam Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar, Riteish Deshmukh & Others Demand Justice For The Girl
- Farhan Akhtar Makes His Telugu Singing Debut For Superstar Mahesh Babu!
- Shahrukh Khan's Don 3 To Have Farhan Akhtar Playing A Cop? Actor Slams All Rumours On Twitter!
- Shahrukh Khan & Farhan Akhtar's Don 3 Script Locked & Loaded?
- Kamal Haasan On Sridevi's Sudden Demise: 'Sadma's Lullaby Haunts Me Now'
- Justin Tradeau Meets Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Farhan Akhtar & Madhavan! View Pictures
- Film With Farhan Akhtar Not Happening Right Now Says Mohit Suri
- What's The Connection Between Farhan Akhtar & Sharman Joshi?
Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar, Arjun Rampal and Purab Kohli's Rock On 2 is releasing this Friday (November 11th). Though the film has a big star cast, there is not much hype around the movie. Also, the government's latest decision to curb black money circulation by banning Rs 500 & Rs 1000 notes might affect the initial collections of the film.
Early predictions suggest that Rock On 2's opening day collections would be around Rs 5 Crores. The first weekend, i.e., Saturday and Sunday would decide the fate of the movie and not to forget, Shivaay and Ae Dil Hai Mushkil are still going strong at the box office.
Read more about it below.
If the reviews of Rock On 2 are good and if it gets the word of mouth publicity, then the collections of the movie could increase to Rs 6-7 Crore on Saturday and Rs 9-10 Crores on Sunday.
Three Days Collections
This means that the total weekend earning of Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Rampal's Rock On 2 could be around Rs 22 Crores.
Talking about Rock On 2, trade analyst Amul Vikas Mohan told Bollywood Life, ''A sequel tends to have a recall value that other films hardly get. There is an audience that is loyal to this franchise anyway and the first movie proves that, so I think that way, that nostalgic feel will help the film.''
Rock On Still Relevant Because Of The Music
He further added, ''The first film came out 8 years ago, but it is still relevant coz of the music and what they tried to achieve with the movie.''
First Day Earnings
''I genuinely feel that the movie can open in the range of Rs 5-6 crore on day 1, which is not that high,'' he said.
Rock On 2
He added, ''Then we need to know how the audience has taken to the movie, after which we will know about the fate of Rock On 2."
Rock On 2 is a sequel to Rock On, which released in 2008. The movie was a blockbuster and is still remembered for its unique story and Rock songs. Reportedly, the second part will showcase the issues prevalent in North Eastern India.
Also Read: A Fan Mistook Shahrukh Khan As Akshay Kumar; Instead Of Getting Offended He Did The Unthinkable
Now let us talk about the screen space. Rock On 2 can't get the desired number of screens because Shivaay and Ae Dil Hai Mushkil are giving good business to the cinema owners even in the third week. Also, Chaar Sahibzaade 2 and Ishq Junoon are releasing this week. So obviously, the number of screens are limited for Farhan Akthar's film.
Keep watching this space for more updates on Rock On 2's box office.