- National Award 2018 Winners List: Sridevi Wins Best Actor Award, Pankaj, Divya Make It To The List
- Will Rana Daggubati Score A Hat Trick In 2017?
- The Ghazi Attack Movie Review: Surfaces Victorious Post A Riveting Depiction Of A Brave Story!
- Rana Daggubati Urges President Pranab Mukherjee To Acknowledge India's Unsung Heroes!
- SPOT ON! Taapsee Pannu Says Only Socializing Doesn't Always Get You Films
- The Ghazi Attack Cleared With A 'UA' Certificate! Given Two Verbal Cuts
The Ghazi Attack, starring actor Rana Daggubati, minted Rs 15.75 crore across India during its opening weekend cumulatively from its Hindi, Tamil and Telugu versions. The film's team is overwhelmed.
Also Read: Abhishek Bachchan Hugs Big B; See His 10 HEART-TOUCHING Pics With Aishwarya, Aaradhya, Jaya & Shweta
Touted as India's first underwater war film, The Ghazi Attack opened to Rs 4.25 crore (all India) on February 17 and maintained a steady growth throughout the weekend by collecting Rs 5.25 crore on Saturday and Rs 6.25 crore on Sunday.
The film's Hindi version earned Rs 6.70 crore, the makers said in a statement. The movie is said to be based on the 1971 India-Pakistan war.
Rana said in a statement: "The reception of the film in multiple languages in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu has been extremely overwhelming. In my seven years as an actor, I haven't seen any film that I have been a part of or cinema in general that has been given accolades like this.
"It has also become a very important film for everybody here, for the country itself."
Actor Atul Kulkarni said: "It's extremely heartening that the numbers that are turning into the theatres to see 'The Ghazi Attack'. It's really overwhelming. What is more overwhelming is the intensity of the response of the audience."
Kay Kay Menon, who has been hugely appreciated for his role, said: "I am extremely thrilled with the response. It has till now done great business. We are very thankful to the audience." With inputs from IANS.