TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
Salman Khan-Anushka Sharma's Sultan released in China on 31st August. However, going by the film's weekend box office collection, it looks like the wrestler drama has failed to impress the Chinese audience. While some of the previous Bollywood releases like Dangal, Bajrangi Bhaijaan collected mind-boggling numbers, Sultan on the other hand, is struggling to stay float.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh reported that Sultan collected mere Rs. 21 crore over in three days after it released on Friday.Scroll down to read more-
Sultan Tumbles Down In China
Salman Khan's Sultan grossed grossed a lackluster $3 million (Rs 21.3 cr) from the opening weekend, making it the weakest opening of 2018 for an Indian release in China.
It's Going To Be Tough For Sultan On Week Days
Taran Adarsh tweeted, "#Sultan disappoints in China... The poor trending during weekend indicates that the going will be tough on weekdays... A healthy *lifetime* total, therefore, is ruled out...Fri $ 950,000 Sat $ 1.10 mn Sun $ 970,000 Total: $ 3.02 mn [₹ 21.37 cr."
Dangal vs Sultan
The weekend collection of Aamir Khan's Dangal in China was Rs. 80.83 crores. On the other hand, Sultan collapsed on the foreign turf as it managed to collect a lacklustre Rs. 21.37 crores.
The life-time collection of Sultan is Rs. 300.45 crores. Meanwhile, Aamir Khan's Dangal raced ahead with Rs. 387. 38 crores in its kitty.
Sultan faced tough competition from two Hollywood films - Mission Impossible: Fallout and Ant-Man at the China box office which took away a major chunk of audience from the film.