- Vishwaroop 2 Box Office Prediction: Will This Kamal Haasan Starrer Create Fireworks At Box Office?
- Vishwaroop 2 Movie Review: Kamal Haasan's Spy Thriller Fizzles Out & Leaves You Highly Disappointed!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Tamil Nadu Box Office Collections 3 Days: Kamal Haasan's Film Reigns Supreme!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Collections (3 Days): Kamal Haasan's Film Has a Terrific First Weekend!
- Vishwaroopam 2 Chennai Box Office Collections Day 1: Kamal Haasan’s Film Fails To Beat Kaala
- Vishwaroopam 2 Box Office Day 1: How Well Did The Movie Perform At The Kochi Multiplexes!
|Day||Box Office Collection (In Rupees)|
|1||1.50 crores (estimated)|
Vishwaroop 2 First Day Collection:
Kamal Haasan's much awaited film Vishwaroopam 2 hit the theatrical screens on Friday in Tamil, Telugu and Tamil. The Hindi version of the flick titled Vishwaroop 2 failed to impressed the audience and critics alike. If reports are to be believed, then this sequel to 2013 release Vishwaroop has received a poor opening at the box office on Day 1.
It is said that Vishwaroop 2 collected around Rs. 1.50 crores on Day 1. Speaking about the Hindi version, trade analyst Girish Johar told Pinkvilla, "It's not up to the mark. It has not done as expected in the Hindi belt. The film has done somewhere around 1.5 crores in Hindi version in the early trends."
Speaking about the average review of the film and why the Kamal Haasan's charisma has not worked in North India, Johar told the website, "What I believe is Kamal Haasan is sure shot a big icon in Indian Cinema but I think the film had similar kind of fate in the first part as well. The audience in the second time around were also not that keen because last time also the film did quite an ordinary business in Hindi version. So probably, this kind of storytelling he is trying to bring, Hindi audiences are not that much inclined to. That's one of the reasons. The reviews for the film are also quite mixed."
Earlier while speaking about Vishwaroop 2, Kamal Haasan was quoted as saying to Indian Express, "It is a story that I conceived when I first wrote Vishwaroopam, but it would have turned out to be a film as long as 340 mins. I didn't have the heart to edit it. The idea is to tell a story. So, I thought what if it is said in parts. It has been done in novels and serials, so why not a film. This was my concept even seven years back."