TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Courtesy: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Almost every Indian is going crazy over Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Rang De Basanti. And the most loved character that has emerged from the film was of Bhagat Singh, or Karan, played by Siddharth.
Overnight, the south actor has found himself hordes of female fans. But no one knows that Mehra originally offered Hrithik Roshan the role of Karan Singhania.
Aamir went to meet him
Actually, it was Aamir Khan who was very keen to have Hrithik in the film. He thought he would be perfect for the role. Khan, along with Rakeysh, even went personally to meet Hrithik, to persuade him to do the film. But Hrithik turned it down.
Wanted a bigger role?
Sources reveal Hrithik didn't want to do the film because he thought Aamir's role was better. Hrithik wanted to play DJ, Aamir's role.
Not true: Roshan Sr
Father Rakesh Roshan refutes this. "It was nothing to do with the length of the role. Yes, Hrithik was approached to play a role in Rang De Basanti, but those dates were clashing with Krrish, so he couldn't do the role."