TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Sridevi needs no introduction. But films where she featured as a child artist do.
This superstar of the 80s started as a child artist when she was just '4' years old. She appeared in a string of Tamil and Telugu films and in most of them she played mythological characters.
In 1979, she got her first break in Hindi cinema with Solvan Saawan which was a remake of her 1977 Tamil film Pathinaru VayathinilePadmini Kolhapure
As a child artist, Padmini Kolhapure has many films to her credit which include Dream Girl, Zindagi, Saajan Bina Suhagan and Thodi Si Bewafai. But her most noted roles include Satyam Shivam Sundaram, Insaaf Ka Tarazu and Gahrayee.
In Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978) she played a young Zeenat Aman with a scar mark on her face. In Gahrayee (1980) she played a school girl possessed by a spirit in her body. In Insaaf Ka Tarazu (1980) she played Zeenat Aman's younger sister who is a victim of child molestation by Raj Babbar.
Interestingly she was paired opposite Raj Babbar in Kirayedaar, six years later.Aamir Khan
Ok, we all know by now that Aamir Khan appeared as a child artist in Yaadon Ki Baarat (1973). He looked cute in the 2-minute appearance in the title song where he raises his little finger to indicate nature's call. The film was directed by his uncle Nasir Hussain and Aamir played the younger role of Tariq, who again was his uncle.
But how many know that as a child artist, Aamir has also worked in a film called Madhosh (1974)? Two decades later, his brother Faisal Khan debuted in a film by the same name.
Some more interesting trivia! Which is Aamir's debut film as a grown up actor? No, it wasn't Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988), as is the popular belief. He made his debut in Ketan Mehta's Holi (1984) which co-starred his Lagaan director Ashutosh Gowariker. So Mangal Pandey wasn't his first film with Ketan Mehta.Bobby Deol
Now this might come as a surprise. Do you ever remember seeing Bobby Deol as a child actor in any film? Well, that's because he just had a 10-second appearance in Manmohan Desai's Dharam Veer (1977) where he played a young Dharamendra. In the same gladiator costume that Dharamendra subsequently dons throughout Dharam Veer, Bobby looks enormously endearing while breaking a stone with a hammer in Dharam's introductory scene.