TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
If things work out work out for Sanjay Suri and Zayed Khan, they just might be in Jagmohan Mundhra's Sonia as Rajiv and Sanjay Gandhi respectively. Italian actress Monica Belluci has already been finalized for the lead role of Sonia. It seems that Belluci was cast due to the name she has in the international market. Being a $10 million project, a leading international actor was required in the lead role. And Belluci fit the bill also due to her resemblance to Sonia Gandhi.
Director Jagmohan Mundhra wants Indian actors for the roles of Rajiv and Sanjay Gandhi. He thinks that Suri has the personality and body language to play Rajiv Gandhi's role. However, he will be required to put on some weight. Another actor, Zubin Varla, a Parsi-British theatre artist is being considered for Rajiv Gandhi's role. Suri has some tough competition since the resemblance between Rajiv Gandhi and Zubin Varla is unmistakable.
As for Zayed Khan, Mundhra thinks that he has facial features similar to Sanjay Gandhi. He is slated to meet Zayed in London, next week. Talks are on but nothing has been finalized.
Jagmohan Mundhra has recently completed the Aishwarya Rai starrer English film Provoked. His last claim to fame in Bollywood was Vishkanya that marked the debut of Pooja Bedi in a sensational role of the snake woman.