TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception
By: Gaurav Malani, IndiaFM
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Want to have a feel of Las Vegas in India? Turn towards Goa! The city of beaches now has a new connotation - the city of IFFI. Yes, the 37th International Film Festival of India has redefined the essence of Goa. Films are the current flavour of the city. And the IFFI festival that commenced from 23rd Nov is the talk of the town.
The INOX multiplex is showcasing the best of world cinema throughout the day. You not only get a taste of movies from India, US or UK but also films from Spain, Sweden, France, Japan, Russia and many other countries across the world. Beach screenings are the special evening attraction. The beautifully decorated streets of Panjim seem to be saying that the festive season of Christmas carnivals has arrived a month in advance. An array of food courts serving a wide range of delicacies runs across the beach line with singing and dancing competitions and musical shows adding colours to the festival.
There is a Film Bazaar at Kala Academy. The children's park screens a children's film every evening apart from many fun activities for the kiddies. The musical laser show is a major crowd-puller. Add to that there are mobile movie screenings, water shows and the 'Adlabs adda' yacht.
Goa has never been more happening. And IFFI gets all the credit.
Bhagam Bhag - Perfect 'masti'&'maza'
Farah Khan attack film critics