TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Kajol will soon be seen talking about close friend, designer Manish Malhotra, on Zee Muzic.
The show, called The Manish Malhotra Magic, will air on April 21, at 9 pm.
In the past, Karan Johar did a one-hour special, talking about the 10 women who impacted his life, for the International Women's Day. Over to Kajol...
Why did you decide to appear on The Manish Malhotra Magic, on Zee Muzic?
I have spoken about Manish, who is a very dear friend. It's not as if I've anchored the show. All I've done is shed some light on the man, the designer and the friend.
What was your reaction when you were asked?
The channel didn't call me. Manish called me and I couldn't possibly refuse him. So, I agreed.
Tell us about Manish - the friend, the designer and the person. We're friends and we know it... we don't have to call each other everyday. But I know he's always there for me.
As a designer, what's great about him is that when he's dressing a woman, he's dressing the woman. He doesn't necessarily go by trends. He's patient and will go to any limits to make a woman look beautiful.
Why Kajol was chosen?
Says Irshwin Balvani, business head, Zee Muzic, "The show celebrates the magic of the fashion designer. We thought Manish was apt, as he's synonymous with Bollywood like no other designer is. Our tagline is Bollywood Remixed For Extra Pleasure.
We wanted someone who was articulate, who could present Manish correctly and knew him in and out as a person and as a designer - we couldn't think of anyone bigger and better than Kajol to speak about him the way she has.