TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Actor-producer-model Milind Soman was back walking the ramp after almost 10 years on April 21 for GANT, whose brand ambassador was the late Robert F Kennedy.
The brand is owned by Gant AB, a subsidiary of Swedish parent company, Gant Pyramid AB. A chat with Milind on why he chose GANT and his future plans:
What's with the bearded look?
I have decided to grow my hair out for the next four months. I just felt like it. I will be using this look for two films - my first non-Hindi film, Silandhai (Tamil) and Rajat Kapoor's next, Bheja Fry, in which I play a musician.
What made you walk the ramp again?
I have had lots of people asking me to model over the years, especially during fashion week, but I never felt there was anything interesting to take up. I chose GANT because their clothes are very good and suit my elegant-casual style perfectly, and because they are associated with the cause of water conservation, through the Water Keeper Alliance.
Do you miss modelling?
Not really. I left because I got too busy with acting, TV and film production (he is co-owner of production company E-Motion Pictures). I can't keep up with the hectic pace of fashion show schedules today.
You are dating French actress, Mylene. Are you getting married?
I don't know. I am more ready for marriage now than I was last year. There are many issues in a relationship and right now, we are working on them. Mylene lives and works in Europe, while I live and work in India. We meet each other every two months. It's not easy or stable right now. But we know we want to be with each other and that's what we are accomplishing - spending time with each other when we can.