TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
By: Joginder Tuteja, Glamsham
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Films may come and go, be a success or a flop, but the popularity of Salman Khan never goes down.
He may have had his last big hit in the form of No Entry last year but that hasn't deterred his standing at the box office. His Kyunki came and under performed at the box office. Saawan - The Love Season had him in a special appearance, which was more as a favor for his filmmaker Saawan Kumar. The film failed and matters weren't quite rosy either with the release of Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar that had come after a delay of 5-6 years. A supreme disaster, it vanished without a trace.
Regardless of all these films failing at the box office, Salman Khan had something to cheer about since his much hyped and seemingly a guaranteed success Jaan-E-Mann was aiming for a Diwali release. A well-made film with an endearing performance from him, it didn't reach the heights that it deserved and though all those who watched it appreciated it, it couldn't withstand the Don mania and had to make an exit.
His last film of the year was Baabul and though the world knew that the film belonged to Amitabh Bachchan since he played the central protagonist, one still looked forward to Salman Khan in the film. Just like Jaan-E-Mann, Baabul too got him critical and audience appreciation but the way the film is faring at the box office, it doesn't seem possible that Salman could add it to the list of his successes.
All of this makes Salaam-E-Ishq important for him when the film releases early next year. Though Salman's box office and fans standing would hardly be disturbed by the performance of the film, it still adds as a shot in the arm to have a success in your name.
Some of the other films where Salman would be seen next year are Partner, God Tussi Great Ho, Marigold and Saawariya.