TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
By: Subhash K. Jha, IndiaFM
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Last week Urmila's fashion show in Karachi with Manish Malhotra was a resounding success. "I'm no stranger to fashion shows. But this was my first fashion show outside India. We decided not to go conventional. We decided to go western and zany. I wore a Sawarski-studded white outfit ... and the reaction was awesome. The whistles and screams are still ringing in my ears. We raised quite a lot of money for charity."
Urmila has been to Pakistan several times. "Every time I go there I feel it to be an extremely heart-warming experience. The love and affection the Pakistanis shower make me wonder where the mythic enmity comes from."
It's been a hectic time for Urmila. She not only sang a song with Asha Bhosle, she also worked on another schedule of the long-delayed Speed.
As for her song with the Diva Urmila laughs, "I can't believe a bathroom singer like me actually dared to share singing space with Ashaji. Come on, this is a legend! I grew up singing her songs and dancing to them on stage. Suddenly here I was matching vocals with Ashaji. Meri himmat to dekho!!! "
"In fact I couldn't go to the Karachi film festival, although two of my films were shown. Urmila is no hurry to sign any new films. "I've reached a stage in my career where I don't really need to make any rushed decisions. I'm just taking it easy... at least till the year-end. I'll be taking off for an unknown destination for the New Year. Being in Mumbai and working is very boring for the new year."
Isha&Inder make their love public
Abhay Deol's speaks modestly...