- How Aamir Khan Maintains A Good Equation With His First Wife Reena Dutta Despite Being Married Again
- Will Aamir Khan Ever Join Politics? Here's What The Superstar Has To Say..
- Kangana Ranaut Goes The Aamir Khan Way; Demands Profit-sharing For Mental Hai Kya!
- Why Did He Reject It? Salman Khan Was Supposed To Play Aishwarya Rai's Brother In Josh!
- Aamir Khan Admits Charging Exorbitant Money For Films; Also Reveals Why He Does That
- Not Only Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan Had Also Rejected Lagaan & Got Irritated With Ashutosh Gowariker
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Monday, November 12, 2007
Ahead of Taare Zameen Par's release, Aamir Khan is throwing a party for NGO children on November 14 to celebrate Children's Day.
Says a source close to Aamir, "On November 14, Aamir will be interacting with 50 kids from the NGO Pratham. These kids are rescued children either child labourers or beggars. Now that the children have been rescued they are doing well in education and other vocations in life and excelling in that."
It is learnt that Aamir will hire a hall in Bandra, decorate the place with balloons, give them sweets and candies and have fun with the children play games like carrom etc. They will also have questions for Aamir about TZP, his acting, favourite films, roles etc.
The source adds, "Earlier, everything was to have been planned on a larger scale like a nationwide event of paintings of children but we had to tone it down because of Aamir's involvement in his brother Faisal's case. That took time and the event couldn't be coordinated at a national level. But Aamir does plan to wish all children a Happy Children's Day on that day on radio and TV."
The source says that Taare Zameen Par is very close to Aamir's heart. Says the source, "Aamir felt strongly that children and their issues are ignored. TZP is not about mentally challenged children. He's a normal, very bright child who is not doing well in his studies. There are hardly any films made on children so Taare Zameen Par is Aamir's tribute to childhood.
That's why he wants to signify Children's Day this year. Aamit has made a special brochure for the film, which he's giving to people on Children's Day. It's a notebook with children's crayon design like kids workbooks."