TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Aarti Chabbria tore a ligament recently, when she fell into a pothole on Warden Road.
Even though she's still recuperating, she's well on the road to recovery.
Says Aarti, "I am ready to get back to work. However, I had to cancel two big shows for New Year's Eve because of my ankle. It's 90 per cent okay, but I cannot wear high heels."
Talking about the mishap, Aarti says, "It happened a few weeks ago. I had just about walked out of my gym and was walking down Breach Candy Road talking on my phone. The road had been dug up and I ended up walking straight into a gaping hole.
I twisted my right ankle badly and collapsed on the ground. Pretty soon, a crowd had gathered and tried to help me out. Finally, some people carried me to the hospital. I was in terrible pain. An X-Ray was taken and a cast was put on my leg.
The next thing I knew, there were reports that I had met with an accident and was wheelchair bound. Such unfounded rumours can sabotage my career as filmmakers will be forced to think that I won't be able to dance any more!"
Currently, Aarti is shooting for Anant Mahadevan's Anamika, where she plays a rich socialite who gets murdered, and White Feather Films' Shootout At Lokhandwala.
"Tusshar (Kapoor) plays a gangster in the film and I play his girlfriend. It's a very different role for both of us. I enjoyed working with him. In fact, my first scene in the film was an intimate one. I was very awkward but he broke the ice and made me feel very comfortable."
Aarti is happy that she is dancing to two numbers in Shootout. "It's all thanks to Sanjay Gupta. For whatever reasons, they were happy with my work. I feel very lucky to be a part of White Feather Films."
On the career front, Aarti wants more character-driven and less glamorous roles. "I don't mind not playing the lead character as long it's a pivotal role.
It needn't be a glamorous role either. Then people would truly forget my image and remember me only as the character."
Braveheart Shahid performs amidst pain
Bollywood Philosophy - Sex it up!