TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
|Celina Jaitly : Wallpaper | Gallery|
Says a source close to Celina, “After Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan, she is the most popular star there as Celina has a very Middle-Eastern face. She stayed at the plush Conrad Hotel in Cairo, and found Egypt thoroughly fascinating.
She was invited by the Minister of Tourism, Mohamed Zoheir Garana, as well as the Egyptian Tourism Authority."
Celina visited the Media Production City on the outskirts of Cairo and says it"s what Film City is to Mumbai. “They have state-of-the-art studios with sets that can be used for shoots. I think they are very suitable for Indian films as the facilities, including a hotel close by, makes it a good option," says Celina.
The source adds that Celina went on a romantic Nile cruise and came away thrilled. “She"d never seen the pyramids or the Sphinx before, so she was very curious and found Egypt fantastic.
Celina loved the cuisine, especially shish kabab, which is served with traditional accompaniments like greens and tomato salad, tahini sauce and pita bread," says the source.
The source says Celina loves shopping but “she was very busy in Cairo and did not get time to shop, though she bought a couple of Egyptian showpieces for friends. Celina also met up with a few Egyptian actors, including Dr Ezzat Abbou-Ouf, who is president of Cairo International Film Festival.
Celina promised she would be part of the Festival, to be held from November 27 to December 7. She also extended an invitation to Egyptian government officials to visit India."