TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
He's brought out a calendar of his own images for 2007. Reveals John, "Whether it's my own brand of clothes or me serving as a brand ambassador for a mo-bike I guess I've been forging my own style of self-projection. The calendar is an idea that, to my knowledge, hasn't been done any other actor. It'll contain images only of me. Does that seem slightly narcissist?
Before one can reply John continues, "It actually nothing more than a humble exercise in public relations. The calendar with my pictures shot by Subi Samuel will be sent to people whom I know and would like to reach out to at the beginning of the year. It's a no-profit venture."
Is this another attempt to project his cool image? John clarifies, "Let me state once and for all, I've done nothing to consciously project a cool image. Whether it's the mobikes or the brand endorsement I do what comes naturally to me. I feel there's an overt attempt to portray oneself as cool in our industry. But to try to be cool is very uncool. If there's a cool-quotient to your personality it will show up without your trying."
Does John belong to the cool school? "Well... when I was doing the endorsement for my clothes line, someone said, 'Cool is John Abraham.' It's interesting. But they would look at the clothes and say, 'This is very John Abraham'. I felt flattered. When you get branded with a certain image that defines your cool-quotient, I think it's very cool."
To John cool is... "The movies that you do, the clothes you wear, or not wear, the company you keep." John is good at both the dressed and undressed variety of cool.
"Good, na? Because sometimes you may not get the proper designer. Might as well be prepared to make do without the right clothes," he quips.
Hrithik Celebrates his 33rd B'day
Sweet encounters with Ayesha Takia