TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
By: Raymond Ronamai
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
The final countdown for the release of the two most-awaited films of the year has begun. Yes, Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya are heading for the battlefield this Friday, as both the films are scheduled for release on the same day. Just two days to go before you witness the Diwali fireworks burst at the Box Office.
Om Shanti Om has Badshah of Bollywood Shahrukh Khan in the lead role with stunningly beautiful debutante Deepika Padukone as his heroine. It also boasts of a special number with more than 30 Bollywood actors sharing screen space with King Khan. Saawariya is no lesser that Om Shanti Om. It is Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film. Moreover, veteran actor Rishi Kapoor's son Ranbir Kapoor and actor Anil Kapoor's daughter Sonam Kapoor are making debut together with this film.
The hype around the films is unbelievable. It is said that 18,000 tickets of OSO has been sold even before advance booking starts. However, the bad news is that Eros, the distributors of the film, are still discussing with multiplexes on the share of profit, thus delaying its advance bookings. On the other hand, advance bookings of Saawariya has begun and the response is said to be good.
Whatever maybe the fate of the films at the Box Office, film buffs are surely going to have gala time this Diwali. Can you ask for a better treat?