- Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan Wish Everyone A Happy Independence Day
- Anand Ahuja's Birthday Celebrations: Sonam Kapoor Shares Pics Of Her Special Surprise For Him!
- Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga To Release On 1st February, 2019!
- Sonam Kapoor Was Asked If She Loves Muslims & Pakistani Followers; Replies What 'Hinduism' Preaches
- NEW INSIDE PICS: How Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan PARTIED ALL NIGHT At Sonam's Wedding
- Sonam Kapoor Recaps Inside Details About How She Fell In Love With Hubby Anand Ahuja!
By: Raymond Ronamai
Friday, November 09, 2007
The wait has ended. The war has begun. This Diwali is going to be brighter than ever before because theatres all over the country and abroad will witness the spark caused by two most-awaited films of the year. We are talking about Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya.
These two big films are fighting out at the box office today after so much of hype and hoopla. In fact, it seems to have pushed cricket and politics to the back seat – at least for a while. Some may ask why so much has been talked about these films. Well, there are many reasons. Firstly, well known film directors Farah Khan and Sanjay Leela Bhansali are behind these films. Secondly, the cast of the films have caused lots of curiosity.
Om Shanti Om is special. And the reason is simple. Baadshah of Bollywood Shahrukh Khan is the hero and his heroine in the film Deepika Padukone too has become a muse amongst the film buffs and filmmakers alike. Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni too could not resist her look. Om Shanti Om review is good, so, it is expected to hit the bull's eye.
And Saawariya is another special film pitted against OSO. Sanjay Leela Bhansali is not scared of Shahrukh factor. That is the highlight of the film. It has become the cynosure of all eyes because of the very presence of Rishi Kapoor's son Ranbir Kapoor and Anil Kapoor's daughter Sonam Kapoor in the lead roles. Remember it is their debut film. Saawariya review is encouraging. So, it is expected to do well at the box office.
Yes, film lovers have every reasons to look forward to OSO and Saawariya but at the end of the day, it is the 'survival of the fittest'. Today's audiences are intelligent and demanding. They want something new every time they step into the theatre. So, we will have to watch out for a day or two to know the fate of these films. You know how the story of Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag ended!