TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee
Monday, November 12, 2007
Its been just a few days since Om Shanti Om hit the theaters. The movie has had a good opening across the country thanks to a superb marketing campaign done by the cast and the crew. Shahrukh Khan left no stone unturned during the campaign and even went on the television to request the audience to watch the movie. The reason being too obvious the movie lacks a good plot and thus needs to do good business in a flash.
The only USP for the movie is Shahrukh Khan as the story lacks a good plot which can be seen by the audience reaction. The story flow was predictable and Shahrukh was overused in the script to counter its shortcoming. Deepika Padukone performed well in the movie and could have been given prominence and used in more frames. The song and dance sequence were superbly shot which was expected of Farah.
Overall Om Shanti Om is a superbly marketed movie packed with all the Bollywood masala. The movie might commercially do pretty well riding on Shahrukh's shoulder but is not worth watching a second time. Cinematically it is far way behind other hits of the year like Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Chake De India or Shootout At Lokhandwala.