TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee
Monday, November 12, 2007
Its been just a few days since Om Shanti Om hit the theaters. The movie has had a good opening across the country thanks to a superb marketing campaign done by the cast and the crew. Shahrukh Khan left no stone unturned during the campaign and even went on the television to request the audience to watch the movie. The reason being too obvious the movie lacks a good plot and thus needs to do good business in a flash.
The only USP for the movie is Shahrukh Khan as the story lacks a good plot which can be seen by the audience reaction. The story flow was predictable and Shahrukh was overused in the script to counter its shortcoming. Deepika Padukone performed well in the movie and could have been given prominence and used in more frames. The song and dance sequence were superbly shot which was expected of Farah.
Overall Om Shanti Om is a superbly marketed movie packed with all the Bollywood masala. The movie might commercially do pretty well riding on Shahrukh's shoulder but is not worth watching a second time. Cinematically it is far way behind other hits of the year like Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Chake De India or Shootout At Lokhandwala.