TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
In Drona you feature with Abhishek and Jaya Bachchan and after Waqt, you will star with Amitabh Bachchan in God Tussi Great Ho. How close are you to the Bachchans?
I respect them, theirs is a cultured family. I know them quite well. But unfortunately I have not a frame in common with Mr Bachchan in God Tussi... All his scenes are with Salman Khan. By the way, I play a journalist in it and let me assure you, I haven't modelled the part on any real-life scribe. It's a totally fictitious character.
And please tell what is khaas about Love Story 2050, Harman Baweja's launch vehicle?
It is an exciting futuristic film about Mumbai in the year 2050. It has robots and I am glad to inform you that Mumbai has progressed rather well in it. It's my first double-role and that makes it so very khaas for me.
How do you react to being tipped as the next numero uno?
I don't believe in the number game, if you are number one today and your film flops you have tumbled down to number five! That's not my scene at all. My aim is to do films that will make me proud and strive to do better with every new venture.
What does 'striving to do better' translate into?
I have always tried to learn new skills for my films, I try to make each character have a different look and identity. For instance, in Aitraaz I was playing a character that was totally different from what I am and I really had to work on the character to make it work. In Don I acquired an athletic look while in Drona, I play a strong and restrained character of a bodyguard. In Love Story 2050, one role is that of a boisterous girl and the other one is a softer, feminine character.
Last but not the least, the coveted YRF banner still eludes you. Have you wondered why?
I wonder why? It is every heroine's dream to be a part of the YRF banner and I am no exception. We keep bumping into each other often but a film is yet to happen.