TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
One of the biggest Bollywood wars of the recent times is on and Om Shanti Om has won the first battle over Saawariya. The irony of it is that the success is not because of superior script but a better marketing campaign. When it came to selling the reels Sanjay Leela Bhansali was no match for the mass appeal of Shahrukh Khan.
Farah Khan the director along with Shahrukh and debutant actress Deepika Padukone was all over the small screen promoting her movie. Sanjay Leela Bhansali did nothing as such and was probably trying to bank on his better script. But in this day and age when the fate of a movie is decided in the first two weeks he lost out to SRK.
Saawariya had a better plot based on a famous novel White Nights. Sanjay Leela Bhansalis art of story telling in the movie was good. Sonam Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor delivered what the director wanted them to but the movie could not do wonders as was expected. So Mr. Bhansali when it came to promoting the movie you were no match for Shahrukh.