TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Monday, November 05, 2007
Shahid Kapoor may be high on the BO success of Jab We Met but he remains the same family boy he has always been.
Last week, when he heard that kid brother Ishaan couldn"t get tickets for Jab We Met he not only arranged for it but also threw a surprise birthday party for him on his 12th birthday (on November 1).
Main hoon naa
Says a source close to the family, “Last Thursday, Ishaan wanted to invite all his friends to see JWM on his birthday but couldn"t get tickets, as the shows were running house full.
He called Shahid and Shahid himself arranged tickets for Ishaan and his friends at Cinemax (Andheri) in the evening.
After shooting Shahid picked them up after the show got over. Shahid took them all over to his flat at Raj Classique where he had organised a birthday party with cakes, balloons etc."
Ishaan"s father, Rajesh Khattar, who was married to Shahid"s mother Neelima Azim confirms, “
Every year, Ishaan decides what he wants to do on his birthday. Normally, we book a place and throw a regular party for him. Last year, we booked the hall at Fun Republic with DJ, food, gaming zone etc. But this year, Vandana (Sajnani) and I were in Bangalore and came to Mumbai on November 1."
His own man
By then, Ishaan had made his own arrangements. Rajesh says, “Ishaan had decided he would watch his brother"s film with his friends. It was a collective celebration for him as after Shahid"s party he went to Neelima"s place and cut a cake. And after that, he came over to my home and we had a small get-together for him."
Shahid has gifted Ishaan an expensive electronic gadget for his birthday. What did Rajesh give Ishaan? Rajesh says, “Shahid and I don"t indulge him but set a target if he wants something. If he strives for and achieves it, then he gets what he asks for. If Ishaan wants something he has to work hard for it. We give him a budget.
This time, Ishaan bought a Playstation3 and an Xbox. I don"t know much about these things. Ishaan is very tech-savvy and clued into to computers, more than Shahid, even," says Rajesh, who will soon be seen again in Vandana"s play Perfect Divorce with Anupama Varma.