TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
By: Upala KBR, Mid-Day
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Shahid Kapoor prefers to take a professional plunge even if he's been injured. A few days before his grand performance at the Star Screen Awards on Saturday, the actor sprained his neck while working out.
Instead of cancelling his act, Shahid not only rehearsed without straining himself but also performed a dangerous stunt at the function.
Says Shahid, "I'm glad my act went off well. We had a lot of time to rehearse, so my choreographer Inder and I decided to try something different. I arrived on stage in harness with a bungee cord attached to the floor at a 45 degree angle. Both of us were very excited when we thought up the idea two weeks ago.
I hadn't done something like this before, so it took us four days to rehearse. The organisers even created a special set for us. I was a little nervous as it was my first act with a bungee cord, but I'm glad it turned out well and I didn't make mistakes!"
Even though Shahid suffered from a painful neck injury and was advised rest, he prefers to take a philosophical attitude to attempting to pull off the act. He says, "There was no question of me cancelling my act.
It was a big show and I didn't want to let the organisers down. These things happen. I sprained my neck while working out in my gym. It was quite painful and I was on medication even on the day of the show. I rested as much as I could before going on stage."
Looking back, Shahid is very happy with the way the year 2006 turned out. "It was a very positive year. I had three releases, out of which 36 China Town and Chup Chup Ke did well, while Vivah got me a lot of appreciation."
Any regrets? "I don't have any regrets. It's all about the learning curve and it's important to take something positive from every experience. This year, I just want to do better work," he signs off.
Bollywood Philosophy - Sex it up!
Dilip Kumar, SRK's home in Pakistan