- Fans Remind Deepika Padukone Of The Mass Hysteria For Om Shanti Om, Actress Thanks Farah Khan
- How Farah Khan Convinced Salman Khan To Do A Cameo In Rival Shahrukh Khan’s Om Shanti Om!
- Farah Khan Shares The FIRST Photoshoot Pic Of Deepika Padukone Before Casting her For Om Shanti Om!
- Malaika Arora Recommended Deepika Padukone For Om Shanti Om?
- INSIDE STORY! How Deepika Padukone Got Her Big Break In Bollywood; All Thanks To This B-town Actress
- Thank You SRK For Introducing Her! See 15 Gorgeous Pictures Of Deepika Padukone From Om Shanti Om!
Knowing Shah Rukh Khan has its perks. Who knows that better than Malaika Arora? Recently, she appeared on Kaun Banega Crorepati 3 and even shot for a small role in Farah Khan"s Om Shanti Om, produced by SRK"s company Red Chillies Entertainment. As a token of his appreciation, SRK sent her a bag of goodies.
Says Malaika, “Shah Rukh approached me for the role in Om Shanti Om. He said it"s sweet and funny and something I haven"t done before. She"s a superhero kind of a character, clad in a red gown and flying off rooftops, something like Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit but with a twist!"
Apparently, she did the role for free. Says Malaika, “I did it for Farah, who"s a very dear friend. If she asks me to stand upside down for her, I will. I have never had so much fun playing a character before."
But Shah Rukh and Farah know how to repay their friends in style. Recently, Malaika was pleasantly surprised to get a hamper from the Red Chillies unit – cards from the crew, flowers, a Tag Heuer watch and cell phone.
Laughing, Malaika says, “They thought I needed a new phone desperately, that"s why they got me one. It"s always a pleasure to work with Red Chillies. They give the smallest, personalised touches to everything. It makes all the difference."
Malaika says that SRK, Gauri and Farah are all very close to her. “That"s why I felt so at home when Arbaaz and I met all of them on the KBC3 show."
Arbaaz and Malaika won Rs 12.50 lakh on the show, which they donated to their favourite charity — St Anthony"s Home For The Aged in Bandra.
When we ask her who was the better player, she says, “We were both equally good, but Arbaaz had an edge. We both love playing board games like Trivial Pursuit and Articulate so we are used to it, but initially, I was slightly nervous.
Sitting in front of Shah Rukh is a nerve-wracking experience but also great fun. Karan and Farah were making us laugh a lot by making cracks at each other. The only time I fumbled was during the fastest finger slot, but there too Arbaaz beat all of us. It was a question on cricket and he knew the answer."