Lets' explore who bid adieu to their precious earnings and how much they departed with.
1. Shahrukh Khan: Shahrukh Khan tops the list with an advance tax of 27 crore rupees for his income over 07 – 08. That's make him a 100 crore richer (that's before you minus the tax). It was expected with his string of hits in Chak De and Om Shanti Om. The previous year he had to depart only with 18 crore. And not to forget his 1 crore per episode income from KBC.
2. Hrithik Roshan: He didn't have any releases at all but what kept him in the news is his endorsements particularly the one with Acer. Also since his mega hit Krrish his rate has gone up to some between 4-5 crore a film.
3. Aamir Khan: his only release was the ever acclaimed Taare Zameen Par. Like Om Shanti Om for Shahrukh, he would have to pay himself for his fee to act in the film since he produced it. He doled out a measly 3 crores as advance tax to the IT Department. His film which is presently in shooting though has made him 20 crores richer but that may come into next years account.
4. Amitabh Bachchan: The Shehenshah of Bollywood who at the age of 64 still commands a 3 crore fee for his acting fee had four films this year with sizeable roles apart from his special appearances. He had to dole out 1.8 as advance tax payment.
5. Abhishek Bachchan: Big B's son had two films this year with decent roles apart from a string of advertisements doled out 3.7 crore while his wife Aishwarya Bachchan had to part with 1.6 crore.
6. Akshay Kumar: The true Box Office star of 2007 , even if his recognition is far from real, paid only 7 crore. Well we say that at least when he is ruling the Box Office (when his fortunes are more) his tax blues are comparatively less.
Other following up are Kareena Kapoor at a crore and Himesh Reshammiya at 2.1 crore among others.
|Who doles out how much in Bollywood|