TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Who Is Moin Qureshi, The Man Who Has Come To Bite The CBI again
- Bharti Airtel Launches New Plan Offering 1.4 GB Data For 75 days
- 7 Must-visit Weekend Getaways From Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Floppy Baby Syndrome: Causes & Symptoms
- This Beast Didn’t Spare Even Girls His Daughters' Age: Alisha Chinai & Composer Expose Anu Malik!
- Hero Destini 125 Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 54,650
- The Top Five ODI Innings Of Virat Kohli
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider
Fresh new talents from Dabangg and Band Baaja Baaraat were awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards on Tuesday. While Anushka was honoured with Excellent Performance in the Film award Band Baaja Baaraat, her co-actor Ranveer got the Best Debutant award.
Both Ranveer and Anushka were elated after receiving the award and expressed that this was the most prestigious award they got till now.
Actress Sonakshi Sinha bagged the Best Debutant award female for Dabangg along with Arbaaz Khan who got the Best Debut Producer award for the same.
Inspite of these, the event had a lot of other famous personalities getting the honour. Actress Rani Mukherjee got the Outstanding Performance in the Film award for No One Killed Jessica and Actress Priyanka Chopra received Memorable Performance award for 7 Khoon Maaf.
Veteran Dharmendra was awarded the Phalke Ratan, while Asha Parekh received the Legendary Icon Cine Artist award. "I felt really nice getting this award because this is an award from our industry. I'm very happy," Asha Parekh told TOI.
Dara Singh was also bestowed with the Senior Most Cine Artist award. A lot of celebrities like Rani Mukerjee, Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Sonakshi Sinha, Rekha and Asha Parekh, attended the function.