Actress Vidya Balan, who is the current reigning queen of the tinsel town, has proved her calibre with her remarkable show of talent in back to back films. Parineeta, Paa, No One Killed Jessica, The Dirty Picture have fetched instant fame to the actress. Vidya's upcoming and much-awaited flick Kahaani is yet again a challenge for her.
1) Bollywood has realised the true meaning of women's power, as females are no more portrayed as weak and submissive in films. Today's women are more realistic, vibrant and unconventional. Similarly, after setting the Box Office on fire with her stupendous performance in The Dirty Picture, Vidya Balan is yet again heading towards success with her another female-centric film Kahaani. Vidya is one such Bollywood actress who has the audacity and calibre to carry out a film successfully without any male star back-up. Such female-centric movies are definitely spelling its magic slowly and gradually all over.
2) When we go to watch a movie, the first question that hits our mind is “who is the actor/actress?” Keeping in mind the unexpected success of The Dirty Picture, the name 'Vidya Balan' is more than enough to pull the audience to the theatres for her upcoming Kahaani. Movies are all about entertainment, and Ms Balan herself is 'ENTERTAINMENT' (as she referred herself in The Dirty Picture).
3) Another very crucial point that would work in favour of Kahaani, is its unusual story line. It's about a pregnant woman, who flies from London to Kolkata, in search of her missing husband. The film is a mystery story. There is a point where Vidya will pacify herself by believing the fact that her husband doesn't even exist. Such an interesting story line is quite unconventional, unlike other happy-ending love stories. This story will provoke the audience to watch the movie and clarify the truth hidden in it.
4) Kahaani can also be considered as a treat to all the Amitabh Bachchan fans. Surprisingly, Big B has lend his voice for a particular Ranbindra Sangeet track 'Ekla Chalo Re.' On his blog, Big B wrote: "May I just say that singing Rabindra Sangeet for the first time was the greatest revelation. The beauty of the language, the lyricism of the tune and its 'dhun' (music) are outstanding.”
5) As the film is set against a menacing backdrop of Kolkata by-lanes and alleyways, it will surely pull a large chunk of the Bengali population. Kahaani is a treat to all the Bengalis residing abroad as it is all set to give them the flavour of the city's culture and festivals once again. So, all the Bongs out there, get set to relive your Kolkata memories once again.
Kahaani that is all set to release on March 9, 2012 is again a challenge for Vidya Balan. We believe she would again rock the nation with her marvellous performance once again.