- When A Lady Slapped Abhishek Bachchan Outside A Theatre & Told Him To Stop Acting!
- Vivek Oberoi On MARRYING Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: 'Someone Who Wasn’t Right For Me As A LIFE PARTNER'
- Ganapati Darshan: A Panicked Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Tries To Protect Aaradhya From The Crowd Around
- Taimur Has More Confidence Than Aaradhya: Trollers Target Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Again!
- Salman Khan's Ex Somy Ali Had Called Vivek Oberoi Insecure When He Was Dating Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Why Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Skip Ganesh Chaturthi Celebrations? Is Shweta Bachchan The Reason?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Wants To Give A Normal Upbringing To Aaradhya Reveals Abhishek Bachchan
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Pays A Heavy Price For Delivering ONLY FLOPS; Gets Ousted From Woh Koun Thi
- WIFT Awards: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Her Daughter Aaradhya Steal The Show; See Photos!
- OUCH! Did Shweta Bachchan-Karisma Kapoor's BONDING Make Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Very UNCOMFORTABLE?
- What Left Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Teary-eyed At A Recent Event? You'll Be Amazed To Know The Reason!
- Was Salman The Reason? Aishwarya Rai Was In A Turbulent Stage Earlier, Marriage Made Her Calmer: SLB
Why do most of our Bollywood stars fake their accent? Well, that's what the fans want to know! Most of us have noticed Bollywood's strange obsession over fake American accents. Several Indian celebrities have been media's target for their fake foreign accent, for which they have been criticised time and again.
Our fellow countrymen have a strange obsession with fair skin and the English language. In fact, English has emerged as the most elite and prestigious languages in the modern Indian society. To top it all, speaking English, with a pinch of foreign accent is considered a mark of class and education. We witness our nation's rich and elite class people, say in case of our Bollywood celebrities, who try their best to ape the western dialect that turns out to be a disaster most of the times.
Superstars like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Vivek Oberoi and recent Mallika Sherawat are well-known in the industry for their inappropriate foreign accent. Go through the slider to learn more about our most loved desi stars and their fake accents.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is said to be the most prominent member in this list of accent offenders. From her Miss World days, till the Cannes, Ash has undergone a major make over. From her style statement to English accent, everything about Aishwarya Rai has changed. But, when it comes to her interviews with the International Dailies, Ash seemed to have faked at times with her foreign accent.
"Where does she get that accent from?" Remember the famous potshot at PC by her rival Kareena Kapoor at Koffee With Karan? Well, like Ash, Priyanka too has been the victim of fake English accent.
Bollywood's one of the biggest superstars Salman Khan too is known for his strange accent. People say that Salman had a fake English accent in few of his films.
Like Ash, Vivek too seems quite obsessed with his fake 'American accent' that he had to put on for his role in the Rensil Di Silva movie Kurbaan.
Born and brought up in Mumbai, Madhuri was too desi in heart and in her accent till the time she was in India. Post her marriage in the foreign, life changed for Madhuri, and so did her English accent, that became prominent in her interviews, after she returned to India.
Here's one more desi babe trying hard to be western, with faking accents. We have witnessed Freida's evolution from Mumbai girl to global star... albeit the accent.
The Hollywood bug seemed to have bit Anil Kapoor as well, who is said to be having a strange Brit accent at times. But, Kapoor does not get it right, not even in his recent Hollywood flicks.
Finally comes the Goddess of all fake accents Mallika Sherawat. No one could do a better job than Sherawat when it comes to ape the western language, and that too in the most inappropriate way. For those, who haven't watched her recent interview at the Cannes, know what we mean.Click on this to watch Mallika's fake accent.