- Fanne Khan: Rajkummar Rao Receives A Sweet Surprise From Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Anil Kapoor!
- Prernaa Arora: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Loved The Script Of Woh Kaun Thi
- HOT SCOOP! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan STOPS Abhishek Bachchan To Sign His Next Opposite Priyanka Chopra
- Aishwarya Rai After Her Break-up With Salman Khan: Hope People Will Like Ash-Vivek Oberoi Pair Too
- Preity Zinta Reveals Who's Too ARROGANT - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor Or Rani Mukerji!
- Ever Seen Aishwarya Rai & Abhishek Bachchan Partying Like There's No Tomorrow? Check Out Pics Now!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Pregnancy! Did Amitabh Bachchan Try To Control News On Aish's Delivery?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Is The Pillar Of Fanne Khan; Film Can't Happen Without Her: Anil Kapoor
- Neha Pendse Looks Gorgeous In Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Jodha Look!
- How's It To Meet Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Personally? A Fan Reveals Abhishek Has Attitude But She Is..
- PAY CUT: Will Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Be Upset? Asked To Take Lesser Remuneration For Fanne Khan
- Aamir Khan Sets Trends On Instagram; Aishwarya Rai, Farhan Akhtar & Sushant Singh Rajput Follow!
Why do most of our Bollywood stars fake their accent? Well, that's what the fans want to know! Most of us have noticed Bollywood's strange obsession over fake American accents. Several Indian celebrities have been media's target for their fake foreign accent, for which they have been criticised time and again.
Our fellow countrymen have a strange obsession with fair skin and the English language. In fact, English has emerged as the most elite and prestigious languages in the modern Indian society. To top it all, speaking English, with a pinch of foreign accent is considered a mark of class and education. We witness our nation's rich and elite class people, say in case of our Bollywood celebrities, who try their best to ape the western dialect that turns out to be a disaster most of the times.
Superstars like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Vivek Oberoi and recent Mallika Sherawat are well-known in the industry for their inappropriate foreign accent. Go through the slider to learn more about our most loved desi stars and their fake accents.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is said to be the most prominent member in this list of accent offenders. From her Miss World days, till the Cannes, Ash has undergone a major make over. From her style statement to English accent, everything about Aishwarya Rai has changed. But, when it comes to her interviews with the International Dailies, Ash seemed to have faked at times with her foreign accent.
"Where does she get that accent from?" Remember the famous potshot at PC by her rival Kareena Kapoor at Koffee With Karan? Well, like Ash, Priyanka too has been the victim of fake English accent.
Bollywood's one of the biggest superstars Salman Khan too is known for his strange accent. People say that Salman had a fake English accent in few of his films.
Like Ash, Vivek too seems quite obsessed with his fake 'American accent' that he had to put on for his role in the Rensil Di Silva movie Kurbaan.
Born and brought up in Mumbai, Madhuri was too desi in heart and in her accent till the time she was in India. Post her marriage in the foreign, life changed for Madhuri, and so did her English accent, that became prominent in her interviews, after she returned to India.
Here's one more desi babe trying hard to be western, with faking accents. We have witnessed Freida's evolution from Mumbai girl to global star... albeit the accent.
The Hollywood bug seemed to have bit Anil Kapoor as well, who is said to be having a strange Brit accent at times. But, Kapoor does not get it right, not even in his recent Hollywood flicks.
Finally comes the Goddess of all fake accents Mallika Sherawat. No one could do a better job than Sherawat when it comes to ape the western language, and that too in the most inappropriate way. For those, who haven't watched her recent interview at the Cannes, know what we mean.Click on this to watch Mallika's fake accent.