- Katrina Kaif On Working With Shahrukh, Salman & Aamir Khan: They Can Only Help Me Become Better!
- Bigg Boss 12: Why Are The Makers Planning To Get Katrina Kaif To Co-host Salman Khan’s Reality Show?
- Katrina Kaif Is A Very Private Person, Actress's Friend Dismisses Reports About Her Memoir!
- The Pay Disparity Between Katrina Kaif & Varun Dhawan For Their 4D Dance Film Is Everything Unfair!
- Good Lord, Finally! Aamir Khan Explains His Character In-depth In Thugs Of Hindostan
- Katrina Kaif All Set To Write Her Memoir & Has Zeroed In 'Barbie Dreams' As The Book Title?
- Zero: Katrina Kaif Turns A Beautiful Bride In Red But Who's The Lucky Man?
- Not Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif Steps In To Mentor Sister Isabelle For Her Big Bollywood Debut?
- Salman Khan Granted Bail: Not Katrina Kaif But Sonam Kapoor & These Celebs Dared To Stand By Him
- Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan & Katrina Kaif Scared To React On Salman Khan's 'Jail Or Bail' Situation?
- Ex-Lovers Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone To Walk The Ramp Together For Manish Malhotra!
- History To Be Repeated? A Tug Of War Between Salman Khan & Shahrukh Khan; Katrina Kaif To Be Blamed
- Inspired By Anushka Sharma? Nargis Fakhri To Star In A Horror Film Titled Amaavas
Who says that you need to know Hindi if you want to enter Bollywood? There are many Bollywood actresses who have broken the myth that you must know fluent Hindi to enter Hindi film industry. A lot of foreign imports have worked in hit films and proved that talent sees no language.
Katrina Kaif for example is the famous Bollywood actress who showed that knowing Hindi is not the criteria for becoming an actress. The filmmakers take a big risk by bringing in foreign imports in Bollywood. As the star cast is new and doesn't know Hindi as well, the filmmaker is worried till the movie releases. While some foreign actresses work it in Bollywood, some fail misreably and are seen doing item numbers!
However, some bold and daring filmmakers like Imtiaz Ali have proved that foreign imports can become actresses in Bollywood. For example, the director of hit film, Rockstar launched Nargis Fakhri who did not know Hindi (in fact doesn't even know proper Hindi till now). He faced a lot of criticism as the actress did not impress the audience. Who cares? Nargis is still here in Bollywood and seen in movies like Main Tera Hero. She has also done an item song, Dhating Naach. The actress who came to Koffee With Karan's Season 4 recently accepted that she still doesn't understand Hindi. But, the actress is here to stay we think!
Apart from Katrina and Nargis, other foreign beauties like Lisa Haydon who was last seen in 2014's super hit film, Queen doesn't know proper Hindi. Lisa is a Indian model turned actress born to a Malayalee father and an Australian mother. Her real name is, Elisabeth Marie Haydon and she stayed in Australia and United States before settling back to India.
Here is a look at the Bollywood stars who can't speak proper Hindi, but their talent proved that language has no bar!
Bollywood Actresses Who Can't Speak Proper Hindi:
Katrina is one of the popular firang actresses in Bollywood who has proved that knowing Hindi is not the criteria. Even now Katrina can't speak proper Hindi!
The American model turned actress is from Pakistan's origin. Her father is a Pakistani and mother a Czech. Nargis who was last seen in Main Tera Hero said that she had no clue what she was doing in her debut film since she didn't understand Hindi at all.
The Lakme model turned actress made her Bollywood debut with Rascals. However, she was noticed as a single mother Vijaylakshmi in Queen. Lisa was lucky that she had English dialogues in the film, which made her comfortable. She is now the talk of the town and has also reportedly replaced Nargis Fakhri in Shaukeen.
The adult film star is a Hindu but as she was living abroad, her Hindi is very weak. We saw it in Bigg Boss and her debut film, Jism 2. However, the Baby Doll is ruling Bollywood with her bold and sensuous looks!
The former Miss Sri Lankan has got looks to make men fall on their knees. She was born in a mixed ethnic family, in which her father is a Sri Lankan, while her mother is of mixed Malaysian and Canadian ancestry. She can somewhat speak Hindi but her accent brings her into the list.