- Aishwarya Rai Remembers Nelson Mandela On His 100th Birth Anniversary, Shares A Throwback Picture!
- Bank Union: Amitabh Bachchan & Shweta Nanda’s Jewellery Ad Is Disgusting & Derogatory
- Amitabh Bachchan-Shweta Bachchan's First Ad Is Going Viral For All The Emotional Reasons!
- Abhishek Bachchan Looks Super Happy As He Joins Wife Aishwarya & Daughter Aaradhya For A Vacation!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- Remembering Prakash Mehra! The Man Who Gave Bollywood It's First 'Angry Young Man'
- Brahmastra: Nagarjuna To Make His Comeback In Bollywood With This Ranbir-Alia Starrer?
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Amitabh, Abhishek & Shweta Bachchan Witness France's Victory [View Pic]
- Amitabh Bachchan Has A Funny Take On His Family Picture & We Couldn't Agree More!
- Uh Oh! Amitabh Bachchan Was Mistaken For Salman Khan In Glasgow & Twitteratis Aren't Very Amused!
- Ranbir Kapoor Terribly Excited About Brahmastra, Reveals A Shocking Detail About The Film!
- When Amitabh Bachchan Was SLAPPED By A Langur On A Film's Set For Ignoring Him!
Bollywood is a film industry where maintaining a relationship is a really big challenge. The glamorous industry has some handsome hunks and gorgeous beauties who will swept you off your feet. Moreover, working with them and sharing some sizzling on-screen chemistry can make a human being get carried away. It is said that maintaining marriages in Bollywood is very tricky as most of the celebrities do not manage it for more than 5-15 years!
However, some really strong couples have proved that marriages can work in Bollywood. A place where marital splits are very common, some celebrities have had a really long marriage which has broken the myth that Bollywood celebrities can't make their marriage last. Some might have got carried away, but made sure they are back to their partner.
For example, Bollywood's superstar, Amitabh Bachchan is one of the celebrities who has had the longest marriages in the industry. God bless the lovely couple, Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan. However,t here came a time when their marriage was on the rocks. Amitabh got carried away by the South Indian beauty, Rekha and the full fledged romance became the talk of the town. In fact, the movie Silsila was almost based on the love triangle of Amitabh, Jaya and Rekha.
But, things got normal when Amitabh got back to his wife, Jaya Bachchan. Today (3rd June, 2014) marks the 41st marriage anniversary of the most talked about Bollywood celebrity couple, Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan. Even after facing ups and downs in their married life, the couple survived well and are going strong. They are one of the examples of the longest marriages in Bollywood who inspire stars like Shahrukh and Gauri to name a few.
Here are some of the best moments of Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan on their 41st anniversary.
Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan Special Moments: 41st Anniversary
The duo first met at Pune's famous film institute, FTII in early 1970s. Jaya expresses that it was love at first sight for her. She later met Amitabh on the sets of Guddi. Jaya was a superstar then and Amitabh was struggling. Jaya said, "I was introduced to him on the sets of Guddi. I was impressed by him and somewhat in awe as he was Harivanshrai Bachchan's son. I fell in love with him very soon." Amitabh fell for the Bong beauty on the sets of Ek Nazar.
The duo starred opposite each other in cherished films like Zanjeer, Abhimaan, Mili, Sholayand, Silsila, Chupke Chupke and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham to name a few.
After the success of Zanjeer, Amitabh wanted to go to London with Jaya to celebrate the success of his film. However, Amitabh's parents did not agree of the couple going abroad without getting married. So, Amitabh proposed Jaya and they got married. The newly wed couple left for London the very same day!
The Downs Of Marriage
Just after 3 years of marriage with Jaya, Amitabh met Rekha on the sets of Do Anjaane. The romance started from the sets and it was really strong which was going to break her marriage with Amitabh.
Movies With Rekha
The alleged couple did a lot of movies together like, Khoon Pasina, Ganga Ki Saugandh, Suhaag, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Ram Balram, Mr. Natwarlal and Silsila. However, Silsila marked the end of one of the most passionate love affairs both on and off screen. After this movie, the couple never worked together.
Amitabh and Jaya who are celebrating their 41st marriage anniversary on June 3rd, 2014 have two kids together, Abhishek who is married to the former beauty queen, Aishwarya. They also have a daughter named Shweta Bachchan Nanda who is married to Nitin Nanda.
Still Going Strong
With God's grace, the superstars Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan are going strong. Like every marriage, they too had their ups and downs, but the couple were supporting each other which worked!
We could not stop from sharing this pic of Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan on their 41st Anniversary.
This is an old pic of the Bachchan family.