- Amitabh Bachchan-Shweta Bachchan's First Ad Is Going Viral For All The Emotional Reasons!
- Abhishek Bachchan Looks Super Happy As He Joins Wife Aishwarya & Daughter Aaradhya For A Vacation!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- Remembering Prakash Mehra! The Man Who Gave Bollywood It's First 'Angry Young Man'
- Brahmastra: Nagarjuna To Make His Comeback In Bollywood With This Ranbir-Alia Starrer?
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Amitabh, Abhishek & Shweta Bachchan Witness France's Victory [View Pic]
- Amitabh Bachchan Has A Funny Take On His Family Picture & We Couldn't Agree More!
- Uh Oh! Amitabh Bachchan Was Mistaken For Salman Khan In Glasgow & Twitteratis Aren't Very Amused!
- Ranbir Kapoor Terribly Excited About Brahmastra, Reveals A Shocking Detail About The Film!
- When Amitabh Bachchan Was SLAPPED By A Langur On A Film's Set For Ignoring Him!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Pregnancy! Did Amitabh Bachchan Try To Control News On Aish's Delivery?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan RUBBISHES Family Fight Rumours; Shares A WOW PIC With Jaya & Amitabh Bachchan
The film makers announce a project with much excitement, throwing lavish parties etc, some even go to the extent of launching the trailer of the movie, but after that kya? we don't hear from them ever again.
Don't mistake these movies for the small budget ones, as these are all big budget films announced by big film makers with the biggest star cast but still the project never saw the light of day and got shelved forever. Rajkumar Santhoshi, a noted filmmaker announced many such projects and launched trailers but we never got to see those movies at all. It's not just him, popular movie franchise, the Munnabhai series was supposed to have a third installment, you must have heard of Munnabhai Chale Amerika?
Well, did u happen to catch that movie in the theater? It's been more than a year the film was announced, but thanks to Sanjay Dutt's jail term, the film was shelved mid way. Similarly many such movies were hyped and launched with much grandeur but that is all, silently and mysteriously all these movies went on back burner and were never heard of again.
Most of these movies had completed shooting half way, some even full and then the makers suddenly decided to shelve it for reasons unknown. Some film malers even went onto use the names for other movies and dumped this one all together. While the reasons for movies that got shelved due to Sanjay Dutt is known, reasons for why the other movies were abandoned like that are not known. Let's check out these big budget Bollywood movies that got shelved forever.
Big Budget Bollywood Films That Got Shelved Forever:
Munnabhai Chale America
Vidhu Vinod Chopra launched the trailer of Munnabhai's third installment with Eklavya. But that is all we ever saw, as of now no Munnabhai 3 is happening.
This too was launched with Eklavya, the trailer being India's answer to Lord Of The Rings movie but the film got shelved.
Sunny Deol's Ghayal was a blockbuster movie and trailer of it's sequel Ghayal 2 was played during Salman's Ready but the film got shelved. Recently Rahul Rawali took over and renamed the project Ghayal Returns but it is yet to be seen if the movie will ever see the light of the day.
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai-Animated
Tarun Mansukhani was directing an 3D animated version of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and the trailer even comprised the voices of the original star cast but sadly the project never took off.
The film was announced with Ajay Devgn as the lead, but later he opted out and Sanjay Dutt was roped in to play the lead. But due to Sanjay Dutt's jail term, the film got shelved.
Shekar Kapur was to direct a sequel to his hit movie Mr. India. The film started shooting but it got shelved mid way with Aamir Khan as the lead and we doubt the project will ever be revived.
Don't mistake it for the one that Anubhav Sinha's film that released in 2005. This project was Mukul anand's dream project but with his sad demise the project was shelved but years later producer made another film with the same title and retained only Sanjay Dutt and Shilpa Shetty from the original star cast.
Amitabh was to debut in a movie by the same name in 1978. The movie was to be directed by Subhash Desai and Amitabh was to play a double role opposite Zeenat Aman but the film got shelved and later Amitabh was seen in a movie by the same name in 1992.
Dilip Kumar was to star opposite Nutan in this film, it was a black and white film but the project got shelved and later Dilip and Nutan paired up for Subash Ghai's film Karma.