- STRANGE LOVE! Mira Rajput Once Threw Hubby Shahid Kapoor Out Of Their House
- Oscars 2018! Aamir Khan Says Sridevi Deserved The Oscars Mention
- Sridevi's Funeral: Rekha Started CRYING After Hugging Janhvi; Deepika Padukone Says Final Goodbye
- Sridevi's DEMISE! Vidya Balan Says My 'Inspiration Is No More'
- Aami Controversy: Here Is What Vidya Balan Has To Say!
- NASTY REMARK! When Shahid Kapoor Compared Kareena Kapoor To A BUFFALO; Took A Shocking Dig At Her
- SHE WAS UPSET! Vidya Balan's Shocking Revelation: Vidhu Vinod Chopra Asked Her To Get Her Nose FIXED
- I Have No Time For A Baby; Each Film I Do Is A New Baby: Vidya Balan
- Tumhari Sulu Proved Married Actresses Can Score A Hit: Vidya Balan
- UNEXPECTED! Did Salman Khan Just BODY-SHAME Vidya Balan With This Comment?
- BUT WHY? I Have Never Been Approached For Any Shahrukh Khan Film: Vidya Balan
- Every Time I Tried Something New, Films Didn't Work: Vidya Balan On Tumhari Sulu Failure
Vidya Balan's assortment of aliases in Bobby Jasoos is not the first major Bollywood star to look unrecognizable in disguises. Before Vidya, there have been like Amitabh Bachchan, Shabana Azmi and Kamal Haasan, who've pulled off different looks.
Vidya's co-star Amitabh Bachchan was completely unrecognisable as a child suffering from Progeria in Paa. Getting the superstar ready every morning was an ordeal, recollects director R. Balakrishnan aka R.Balki.
"It took the make-up man four hours every morning. Once the make-up was done, Amitji could't eat, drink or go to the bathroom. We were all petrified about his health. But this is not an ordinary man. He went through the long and painful process day after day for four hours," he said.
Unrecognizable in his own right was Kamal Haasan in Chachi 420. He had to dress up as a nanny to his screen daughter and had to also look attractive enough for the little girl's grandfather Amrish Puri to fall in love with.
The actor used an aunt as a reference point for his character. The tireless perfectionist spent hours over the disguise.
"Getting into the skin of the character was very important. I didn't want to mimic a woman's body language or clothes. I wanted to feel talk, walk and react like an actual woman," said Kamal about one of the best and most convincing drag-act ever in Indian cinema.
When Shabana Azmi decided to play a witch in Vishal Bhardwaj's Makdee, she didn't know what she was getting into.
Says the method actress: "It was harrowing, to say the least. The make-up used to take forever. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I couldn't recognize myself. And then on top of it all, to have my husband comment, 'Why did you need make-up to look like a witch?' was too much!"
In Bobby Jasoos, Vidya goes through a number of disguises - each more startling than the previous one.
Producer Dia Mirza gives full credit to her team.
Check slider to see some of the most unrecognisable looks donned by Bollywood stars
Amitabh Bachchan In Paa
Amitabh Bachchan here played the role of a intelligent 12-year-old boy who suffers from a rare genetic disorder called Progeria. During the shooting of Paa, Big B had to spent hours without food and even was not allowed to go to toilet.
Shabana Azmi In Makdee
Shabana Azmi in the film Makdee donned role of a witch and the actress really looked scary. Shabana became totally unrecognisable with the scary looks having long dirty nails and pale face having a wicked laugh.
Kamal Haasan In Khachi 420
Kamal Haasan was seen appearing as an old lady in Khachi 420 who however, has to look pretty and charming at the same time. Kamal Haasan underwent makeup which made the actor look totally as a khachi.
Vidya Balan In Bobby Jasoos
Vidya Balan is recently seen taking several disguises in the film Bobby Jasoos and the actress carried all the looks very well. This is the look of a Maulvi which Vidya carried in the film.
Vidya Balan As Beggar
This is another look of Vidya Balan in the film Bobby Jasoos and the actress truly seems unrecognisable.