- Sharmila Tagore: I Had No Idea About Lip-syncing In My Debut Movie!
- No Decision Yet On Padmaavat Release In Madhya Pradesh
- Remembering Shashi Kapoor! Sharmila Tagore, Zeenat Aman & Others Share Their Fond Memories Of Him
- Situation At FTII Will Be Better Under Anupam Kher: Sharmila
- Sharmila Tagore On Padmavati Controversy: Audience Is Already Feeling Scared
- MAMI Film Festival: Sharmila Tagore Says Need Freedom To Make Meaningful Cinema
- HEARTBREAKING! Poor Kid Saif Ali Khan Used To Think That His Maid Was His Real Mother, Not Sharmila!
- Saif On Tiger Pataudi Biopic: Amma Feels Ranbir Can Do The Role
- Sharmila Tagore Advising Kareena Kapoor To Deliver The Baby In London Because Of The Paparazzi?
- Not Saif & Kareena! Sharmila Tagore Wants Ranbir Kapoor & Alia Bhatt In Her Husband's Biopic!
- Glamorous Duo! See Kareena Kapoor's Candid Pictures With The Very Graceful Sharmila Tagore
- Saif Ali Khan's Mom Likes Bebo's Glamorous Avatar The Most
Love sees no boundaries and can make you do anything for staying with your partner. There are some Bollywood actresses who have proved their love for their better half by converting their religion. For example, Nargis Dutt who married veteran actor Sunil Dutt converted to Hinduism before tying the knot. Although they form a classic example of a Hindu and Muslim wedding, Nargis had to convert to a Hindu to tie the knot with Sunil. Her name was changed to Nirmala Dutt.
Another Bollywood actress who converted her religion for love is the gorgeous Bengali beauty Sharmila Tagore. When Sharmila Tagore married late Nawab Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, she converted to Islam. She also took a new name as Begum Ayesha Sultana during the conversion. Although there were problems in their families, they overcame the hurdles and tied the knot. Sharmila's first daughter-in-law, Amrita Singh converted to Islam to marry Saif Ali Khan. However, her second daughter-in-law Kareena Kapoor did not convert to Islam to when she became the second wife of Saif Ali Khan.
Other actresses like Nagma and Ayesha Takia also converted their religion. While Nagma did for the love for Jesus Christ by converting to Christianity, Ayesha who was born to a Hindu father and Anglo-Indian mother converted to Islam to get married to Farhan.
Here is a look at Bollywood actresses who converted their religion for love.
Bollywood Actresses Who Converted Religion For Love:
Sanjay Dutt's mother and Sunil Dutt's wife converted to Hinduism for love. She was named Nirmala Dutt during her conversion from Islam to Hinduism.
Sharmila was born Hindu but converted to Islam for love. Sharmila took a new name as Begum Ayesha Sultana during the conversion so as to marry late Nawab Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi.
Like mother-in-law Sharmila, Amrita Singh too converted her religion from Sikh to Muslim to marry Saif Ali Khan. Unfortunately the marriage ended after 16 years and Saif is now married to Kareena Kapoor who took the surname of Khan but did not change her faith for love.
Nagma in 2008 changed her faith. Being a Hindu she converted to Christianity for her love of God, Jesus Christ.
Ayesha was born to a Hindu father and Anglo-Indian mother but converted to Islam to get married to Farhan.