- Is Manushi Chillar All Set To Debut In Bollywood?
- INTERVIEW: Parmanu Is Not A Patriotic Film, It's An Engaging Thriller - John Abraham
- INTERVIEW! Alia Bhatt: I Want To Do A Comedy Film, But They Don't Approach Me!
- INTERVIEW! Abhay Deol: Superhero Franchises Are Just To Make Money, They Bore Me!
- REASON IS SURPRISING! Anushka Shetty REJECTS A Bollywood Offer & Prabhas Is To Be Solely Blamed
- JEALOUS FRIEND CURSED Ranbir & Katrina! Bollywood Stars Use BLACK MAGIC & VOODOO DOLLS To Hurt Rival
- Bollywood Actor Shrivallabh Vyas Passes Away
- INSIDE DETAILS! After Salman Khan, Karan Johar DITCHES Prabhas For Bollwood Debut; Here's Why
- READ THIS! Leave Bollywood, Baahubali Prabhas Talks About Hollywood Offers!
- Shahrukh Khan On Suhana's Public Appearances: We Aren't Taking Her Out To Make Her An Actress
- YOU CANNOT MISS IT! Meet The Lookalike Of Baahubali Prabhas; Also See Other Top Celebs' Doppelganger
- NOT A MONEY-MINDED GUY! Prabhas Reveals The Real Reason Why He Rejected His Bollywood Debut!
Bollywood actresses who achieve super stardom are rare, so when these actresses leave it all, it makes you wonder why? Many top Bollywood actresses like Aishwarya Rai gave up films and projects, to cater to her child and opted for motherhood over films.
She was at the top right from the time she debuted in the industry, she ruled the industry for a very longtime and is still continuing to rule but the actress gave it all up for motherhood. In fact there are many actresses in the industry who have quit Bollywood and chose motherhood over films. Sridevi, was one of the highest paid actresses of her time who quit the industry and got married to Boney Kapoor but the reason for her leaving films was because she was pregnant with her first child Jhanvi. And after enjoying motherhood for all these years she made a comeback to Bollywood with English Vinglish, the actress proved with this movie that she is still the best and had she not quit films for her children she would have been still ruling the industry.
Another actress who comes to my mind right now is Madhuri Dixit, she got married and settled abroad but whenever she was making an appearance in the movies she would be flying down but the moment she welcomed her first child into this world, the actress took a long hiatus from the industry in order to look after her children and cater to their needs. The latest actress who is joining this bandwagon is Genelia D'Souza who is now married to Riteish Deshmukh and very soon she'll be welcoming her first child into this world.
When everyone wants to be famous these days, these popular celebrities deciding to step out of the spotlight to concentrate on their personal life is definitely commendable. Let's take a look at such Bollywood actresses who quit films for motherhood.
The lovely Aishwarya Rai took a sabbatical after her daughter Aaradhya was born in 2011. However, she is now again ready to come back to the silver screen.
After marrying Ajay Devgn in 1999, Kajol did not quit films but cut down on her work. But after having two kids, she did cut down working full time.
Madhuri Dixit Nene
She left films and settled in marital bliss in the US. She gave birth to two children - Arin (in 2003) and Raayan (born in 2005). In 2011, the actress shifted base to Mumbai with her family.
Sridevi took a break from acting to focus on personal life. Now that her daughters - Jhanvi and Kushi - have grown up, the actress made a successful comeback in English Vinglish.
Lara Dutta gave birth to her baby girl in 2012. The actress, who is spending more time with her kid, was last seen doing a small role in Bejoy Nambiar's David.
After giving birth to two children - Jhanvi and Arjun - Juhi took some time off films. Now he actress has managed to continue her work in films as well as look after her children.
Karishma Kapoor has two children - Kiaan and Samaira. The actress is taking up selective projects and spending more time with her children.
Konkana Sen Sharma
After giving birth to her child, the actress is still to make a comeback to Bollywood.
The actress gave birth to twins after which she has not been seen in a single film. She is taking time off from Bollywood for her children.
She took quit the film industry to focus on her children and now she has set up her interior designing business and caters all her attention to her children.