- Katrina Kaif's First Look From Zero: Shahrukh Khan Asks 'Why So Serious?'
- Anushka Sharma Gets A Talking Statue At Madame Tussauds, Is The First Indian To Get The Honour!
- Nirbhaya Case: Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma & Others Hail The Supreme Court's Verdict!
- Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma Were A Part Of MS Dhoni's Birthday Bash & The Pics Are VIRAL!
- Sanju Review: Ranbir Kapoor Hits A Sixer With Rajkumar Hirani's Engaging Storytelling!
- Sanju First Review Out! Ranbir Kapoor Leaves You Speechless With His Award-Winning Performance
- Anushka Sharma & Virat Kohli Land In Legal Trouble, Man Who Threw Garbage Sends Them A Legal Notice
- Venue Is Set! Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone To Get Married In This Beautiful Country?
- Man In Anushka Sharma & Virat Kohli's Video Has Worked With Shahrukh Khan & Madhuri Dixit!
- Stop Your Publicity Stunt Anushka Sharma: Mother Of The Man Called Out By Her Slams Anushka & Virat
- Virat Kohli- Anushka Sharma SLAMMED By The Man Whom They Scolded For Littering On The Road!
- Anushka Sharma Flaunts Her Expensive Wedding Ring; Its Price Will Leave You Flabbergasted [Pictures]
After Minissha Lamba, Bipasha Basu it was Anushka Sharma who was in the news for getting detained at Airport. Though it has been quite a good time before any such incident occurred, I just found it interesting that a number of Bollywood actresses have ended up getting detained at the airport.
While for each actress has been detained for different reasons, a few years ago Anushka Sharma was detained due to some undeclared goods at the Airport. Bipasha basu apparently paid Rs. 12600 towards custom duty and Minissha Lamba was detained at the Mumbai airport for 16 long hours for not having declared Rs. 50 lakhs worth of jewellery.
Apart from their lifestyle, glamour and onscreen kisses, this is one more thing that brings these Bollywood celebs time and again into the limelight. And that is their frequent detentions at airport. It's not just the actors, but mainstream actresses too who have been detained at various International airports time and again. Let's take a look at some of these Bollywood actresses who were detained at the airport...
Bollywood Actresses Who Were Detained At Airport:
Anushka Sharma too joined this league of celebs. The actress too went through a similar experience when she was caught by customs. Anushka was carrying two undeclared Dior watches worth 35 lakhs each and diamond jewellery. The actress was coming back to India after attending the IIFA awards in Singapore. When Anushka produced all the papers and proofs, she was allowed to board the flight.
On her way back from London, a few years ago actress Bipasha Basu was detained at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport in Mumbai. Bipasha was detained and questioned for over an hour. Later, on paying 12,000 as duty, Bipasha was set free.
A few years ago, Shilpa was detained at Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport in Mumbai. But this time the situation was far worse. A look-out notice had been issued by a court in Alwar, where she had been charged with obscenity. The incident came as a huge embarrassment to the actress. Though later she showed the papers from the Supreme Court which had cleared her name from any such charges.
Now this incident is far more interesting from the rest. The bubbly beauty Preity Zinta was apparently stopped and asked to show her identification papers at Chandigarh International airport. And this definitely did not go down too well with the actress. Both the parties refused to budge and this led to a huge uproar at the airport. At last though, Preity gave up and showed them her identification papers after which the authorities allowed her to go.
Now her's was a case that comes under the curious case list. The actress was detained Mumbai airport while she was coming back from Cannes Film Festival. Like other celebs, Minishha too took the green channel but was spotted by the customs. Minissha possessed undeclared jewelry worth Rs 50 lacs. And to add to it, the actress revealed that she was not aware of any such rule. After almost 15 hours of interrogation the actress was finally released.