- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Is On A Roll; Might Be Seen Opposite Shahid Kapoor In Woh Kaun Thi Remake
- Rekha Pens Down A Heart-touching Letter To Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Says 'Like The Phoenix You Rise'
- NO REGRETS! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Admits She REJECTED These Two ICONIC Films Of Karisma Kapoor
- Never Seen Before! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan To Romance THIS SUPERSTAR In Woh Kaun Thi Remake?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan BREAKS SILENCE On Why She BLASTED Media When She Was With Aaradhya Bachchan!
- LOVE! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's SWEET GESTURE For Jaya Bachchan Will Put Their SPAT Rumours To Rest
- OOPS! Amitabh Bachchan DISCRIMINATES Between Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Shweta Bachchan; Fans Slam Him
- UH OH! What Made A Composed Aishwarya Rai Bachchan TEARY-EYED All Of A Sudden At A Recent Event?
- SPOTTED! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Wins Kids' Hearts With Her Latest Outing, Leaves Us All Proud [PICS]
- INSIDE PICTURES From Jalsa! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Aaradhya Bachchan Celebrate HOLI With Amitabh
- ONLY MEMORIES LEFT! Sridevi's Last Birthday Pictures With Aishwarya Rai & Rani Will Break Your Heart
- Sridevi Funeral Live! TEARY-EYED Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Sushmita Sen Pay Their Last Respects
- Sushmita Sen Describes Women’s Day In The Best Possible Way!
Many gorgeous Bollywood actresses have made men fall on their knees for them with the beauty. In the industry, there are many actresses who are former beauty queens. It is said that winning a beauty title is the ticket to Bollywood.
Well it somewhere holds true as many actresses entered Bollywood after winning beauty titles. From Aishwarya Rai to Neha Dhupia, some of the stunning Bollywood actresses have said Hi to Bollywood after grabbing Miss India, Miss World and Miss Universe titles. While some beauty pageant winners made their name in Bollywood and some made their debut and failed to create a space for themselves.
So, there are many Bollywood actresses who were beauty queens and entered Bollywood. Many Bollywood beauties have known fame and glamour even before stepping into tinsel town by winning beauty titles.
Another thing that these beauty pageant winners turned actresses have proved is that models too can act and win applause for their talent! A lot of people say that models can't act, but these beauty pageant holders have proved them wrong and made them perish their thoughts.
There are many beauty pageant winners who are famous Bollywood queens. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sushmita Sen, Juhi Chawla, Priyanka Chopra, Zeenat Aman, Gul Panag and Dia Mirza to name a few are beauty pageant title holders. While some are Miss India, some like Priyanka Chopra and Aishwarya are Miss World. Sushmita Sen on the other side is Miss Universe.
Here is a look at the Bollywood actresses who are beauty queen holders. While some made their name in Bollywood, others are ruling hearts with their beauty itself!
Bollywood Actresses Who Are Beauty Pageant Winners:
She is one of the most beautiful and loved yesteryear beauty queen. The super hit actress won Miss Asia Pacific in 1970 and made her entry in Bollywood with ‘Haré Raama Haré Krishna' in 1971.
The cute actress Juhi is also a beauty queen. She was crowned Miss India in 1984 and made her Bollywood debut with ‘Qayamat se Qayamat Tak' along with Aamir Khan.
One of the most beautiful women in the world won Miss World in 1994. She has not only proved her acting talent in Bollywood but Hollywood as well.
Sushmita and Aishwarya represented India at the beauty pageant. While Aishwarya won Miss World, Sush was titled Miss Universe.
The sexy model turned actress was crowned Miss Universe in 2000. After modelling and coming on TV ads, Lara made her Bollywood debut with Andaaz.
The talented Priyanka was crowned Miss World in 2000 with Lara winning Miss Universe title. Priyanka is one of the successful actresses who has now become an international diva with her singing skills.
Neha is the winner of the Femina Miss India in 2002 and has acted in Julie and Qayamat. Neha however failed to make her mark in Bollywood and is now a socialite.
Dia won Miss Asia Pacific in the year 2000 and made a superhit debut in ‘Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein' in 2001. She did not last much in the industry, but people love her for her doll face and stunning figure.
Jacqueline is Miss Sri Lanka Universe 2006 holder and is one of the most desirable women in Bollywood.
She is one of the Bollywood's beauty pageant holders who won the Miss India contest in 1981 at the age 17! However, after acting in hit films like Damini, Ghatak and Ghayal, the actress quit acting as she got married and wanted to focus on her family.
The actress who won Miss India in 1993 shot to fame with Vaastav. However, she quit acting after tying the knot.
Pooja Batra was crowned Miss India Asia-Pacific in 1993 and made an impact with her debut performance in Virasat.
The Bong beauty has Femina Miss India Universe title, 2004 in her kitty. After appearing in a few movies, the actress flopped.