- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- Remembering Prakash Mehra! The Man Who Gave Bollywood It's First 'Angry Young Man'
- Brahmastra: Nagarjuna To Make His Comeback In Bollywood With This Ranbir-Alia Starrer?
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Amitabh, Abhishek & Shweta Bachchan Witness France's Victory [View Pic]
- Amitabh Bachchan Has A Funny Take On His Family Picture & We Couldn't Agree More!
- Uh Oh! Amitabh Bachchan Was Mistaken For Salman Khan In Glasgow & Twitteratis Aren't Very Amused!
- Ranbir Kapoor Terribly Excited About Brahmastra, Reveals A Shocking Detail About The Film!
- When Amitabh Bachchan Was SLAPPED By A Langur On A Film's Set For Ignoring Him!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Pregnancy! Did Amitabh Bachchan Try To Control News On Aish's Delivery?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan RUBBISHES Family Fight Rumours; Shares A WOW PIC With Jaya & Amitabh Bachchan
- Amitabh Bachchan On 102 Not Out: My Family Really Liked The Film, The Children Loved It
- 40 Years Of Amitabh Bachchan's Don: A Film Rejected By Dharmendra & Dev Anand & Accepted By Audience
With a prayer in their heart for the martyrs and a hope for peace, stars of the Hindi film industry Wednesday recalled the 60 hours of terror unleashed by 10 Pakistani gunmen in Mumbai, six years after the city became a victim of one of the worst terror strikes on this day.
Even Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a brief reference to terror and the 26/11 Mumbai attack as he addressed the SAARC summit in Nepal today. It was one of ugliest nights witnessed by the country, especially the Mumbai city. The gruesome scars of that attack targeted by terrorists on November 26, 2008 are still visible at the Nariman House which housed the Jewish Chabad.
The only place in Mumbai which has still preserved the marks of devastation inflicted by two of the 10 terrorists who had attacked the Jewish Chabad and killed a rabbi and his wife.
Bollywood celebrities recalled this gruesome night, 26/11 hours of terror that has left a deep impression on our mind and heart. Amitabh Bachchan tweeted, "Those horrifying hours of terror! Prayers and thoughts for those that lost lives...and saluting the force that fought!"
As many as 166 people, including 26 foreigners, were gunned down during the dreaded attack Nov 26, 2008.
Film celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Madhur Bhandarkar and Anupam Kher took to Twitter to pay respects to those who lost their lives and to the bereaved as well as to salute the National Security Guard which fought valiantly to rid the attacked locations of the terrorists on the "unforgettable" day.
Even Arjun Kapoor tweeted, "6 years have passed...our prayers remain with each n everyone affected by that tragic event."
Check out what each of the Bollywood celebrity has told about this dreaded event, and see how they recalled 26/11 and it's hours of horror.
Bollywood Celebrities Recall 26/11 Hours Of Terror
Those horrifying hours of terror! Prayers and thoughts for those that lost lives...and saluting the force that fought!
The terror Mumbai witnessed 6 yrs ago on this day will never be forgotten. Also the innocent lives that were lost on that fateful night #26/11. This day is a reminder to us to always remain prepared, alert & do our bit in ensuring that Mumbai remains free from terror in future #26/11.
Today I remember the sacrifice of our martyrs and the deaths of so many innocent people. #Loss #Memories #Sacrifice #Prayers #26/11
No words to offer prayers to the terror Mumbai and its martyrs experienced 6 years back today. Balvaano ko de de gyaan, Allah tero naam.
6 years have passed...our prayers remain with each n everyone affected by that tragic event.
In remembrance of all who lost their lives and all who sacrificed their lives to save others on this day six years ago.
We will never and must not forget this day. May it inspire us to work towards a world of peace, harmony and justice. #26/11
Impossible to forget 26/11. Had just driven back home from Fort when I switched on the television. Thoughts today with bereaved families.
26/11 it will always be unforgettable. prayers for the people Who lost their lives and salute to the police and NSG
God bless the souls of our martyrs, who gave their lives and hence, gave us our city back!
26/11 the most scary/sad days in my Mumbai's history.The handlers n planners are still free. Why? Need justice!
To mark 26/11 today as POLICE DAY let one member of one family / society Go to our nearby police station to shake hand to one police man.