- Salman Khan Gets Mocked As He Goes UNNOTICED At A Dubai Mall; What Happened To His Popularity?
- Salman Khan & Akshay Kumar Make It To The Forbes Highest Paid Celebs’ List, Shahrukh Khan Not On It!
- Dus Ka Dum: Kamal Haasan, Karan Patel & Shilpa Shinde Grace Salman Khan’s Show (PICS)
- When Salman Khan Embarrassed Janhvi Kapoor By Telling Her To Dance In Front Of Katrina Kaif & Others
- Did Salman Khan Pay The Hospital Expenses Of TMKOC Actor Kavi Kumar Azad?
- When Salman Khan WARNED Katrina Kaif & Jacqueline Fernandez That He Will Lock Both Of Them In A Room
- Kamal Haasan To Share Frame With Salman Khan For The First Time; Thanks To Dus Ka Dum 3!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- 16 Years Of Devdas: Aishwarya Rai Kept Dancing With BLEEDING Ears; Shahrukh REPLACED Salman Khan
- Fans INSULT Katrina Kaif In Vancouver, Say 'Don't Wan't A Picture With You; Only Waiting For Salman'
- Salman Khan & Pakistani Cricketer Shahid Afridi Meet In Canada, Pose For Pictures!
- NEW INSIDE PICS: How Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan PARTIED ALL NIGHT At Sonam's Wedding
Health is the most important aspect in a human's life and while illness is a part of life, it sometimes gets difficult for us to digest the fact that even our Bollywood celebrities can suffer from a serious and scary illness. And the recent happenings in tinsel town have sent Bollywood into a tizzy.
In an industry that is full of glitz and glamour where stars are always under the limelight, fans will find it hard to imagine that their favourite celebs could ever suffer from a disease. What you'll find more interesting is that these big celebrities actually suffere from some of the most serious and scary illness that exist.
Hrithik Roshan underwent surgery yesterday for a blood clot in his brain and Shah Rukh Khan underwent arm surgery and was seen in a sling during promotional appearances for Chennai Express recently. But these superstars are not the only ones in Bollywood to be hit by tragic illnesses. We opened Bollywood's medical files and trust us, you'll be shocked by our findings.
Read on to find out some of the biggest names in Bollywood who have coped and who are coping with certain illnesses and diseases...
The Veeru of Sholay was handsome, a heart breaker and one of India's most good looking, loved and popular stars. Little did anyone know that the actor battled depression for 15 years. Dharmendra then took to drinking and became an alcoholic.
He's the Shahenshah of Bollywood and an actor par excellence. But very few know that the actor suffers from a terrible disease called Myasthenia gravis. The occurrence of this disease is 3-30 cases per million per year. Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune neuromuscular disease leading to fluctuating muscle weakness and fatigue. Big B has been suffering from it for the past 30 years! The actor has also been suffering from other health issues and underwent two abdominal surgeries. The actor revealed to his fans that he was suffering from cirrhosis of the liver, caused by a blood transfusion following a near-fatal accident while shooting for Coolie in 1982.
The troubled yet Dabangg actor of Bollywood was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia and is being treated for it. Also known as prosopalgia, Trigeminal neuralgia is a neuropathic disorder characterized by episodes of intense pain in the face, originating from the trigeminal nerve. It is known to be one of the most painful human condition. The pain also spreads to the jaw and cheek and this diseases is commonly known as the suicide disease. The actor has flown to the US a few times to take treatment for this disease and has been suffering from it for seven years.
The actor suffered from Chronic Subdural Haematoma, a type of hematoma, usually associated with traumatic brain injury. Due to this condition, the actor suffered severe headaches and a CT scan and an MRI revealed that he was suffering from Subdural Haematoma, a brain condition normally seen in those above 65.
Shah Rukh Khan:
The King Khan of Bollywood has undergone eight shoulder surgeries in the past. He has been suffering with a weak arm for a long time now.
The megastar has been suffering from numerous kidney ailments. He has even been admitted in the hospital for renal failure. Rumours that he underwent a renal transplant have been making the rounds for a while now.
Saif Ali Khan:
The actor suffered a minor heart attack in the year 2007 and suffers from Myocardial Infractions - a hereditary disease.
Bollywood actress Manisha Koirala was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2012. The 42 year old star got treated in New York and ever since her diagnosis, she has been very brave about it.
Tragedy struck the actress when she was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer- multiple myeloma in 2009, a cancer of the white blood cells known as plasma cells, which produce antibodies.. Ten months after being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, the Canadian born actress says she is cancer free after a stem cell transplant.