- Do You Know The Malayalam Actress Who Competed With Aishwarya Rai & Sushmita Sen?
- What Happened When Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Bumped Into Mahira Khan At Cannes? Get Ready For SURPRISE!
- Is She Still Angry? Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Breaks Silence On Blasting PR Team Over Instagram Goof Up
- Cannes 2018: Unlike Aishwarya Rai & Deepika, Sonam Kapoor FAILS To Grab Eyeballs On Red Carpet
- Cannes 2018: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Strikes A Pose With Daughter Aaradhya & Helen Mirren!
- Cannes 2018: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Takes Away Our Breath In An Ivory Shiny Gown On Day 2!
- CANNES 2018: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Shows NO MERCY At The Red Carpet; Look Inspired By A Butterfly
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Instagram Debut GONE WRONG; Blasts Her Team As Fans Doubt Its Authenticity
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Party: Ranbir-Katrina, Salman-Aishwarya & Other B-Town Exes Under A Roof!
- Abhishek Bachchan Confesses Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Became VERY INSECURE After The Birth Of Aaradhya!
- Tripura CM Biplab Deb Attacks Diana Hayden’s Miss World Victory & Said THIS About Aishwarya Rai!
- Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra & Deepika Padukone Declared World’s Most Admired Women Of 2018!
Bollywood celebrities are often seen supporting good causes as they have a number of followers around the world and their support might really help spreading awareness. This is one of the major reasons why Bollywood celebrities are chosen to be the brand ambassadors for good social causes. But some celebs go beyond that and pledge their organs to help people.
The critically acclaimed Ship of Theseus had it's main focus on the sensitive topic of organ donation. Inspired by the movie, Aamir Khan has pledged to donate all his organs after death. Not just the perfectionist but his wife too, Kiran Rao has decided to follow Aamir's footsteps. He and his wife have donated kidney, liver, lungs, heart, pancreas, intestines, eyes, skin, ear drums, heart valve and bone. Bollywood definitely inspires millions of people around the world and this goodwill of their will definitely bring a change in the world.
Recently Bollywood actor Rishi Kapoor pledged to donate organs. After distributing prizes to the winners of 'Transplant Games 2014' at PGIMER in Chandigarh, the 61-year-old veteran actor signed the pledge to be an organ donor. Rishi Kapoor even appealed to the general public to come forward for this noble cause and donate organs after death.
There are many celebrity obsessed people in the country who are ready to what ever their star says, so this initiative by the Bollywood celebrities will definitely work wonders. Our Bollywood celebrities have done a commendable job by pledging to donate their organs.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has the most beautiful eyes and she has already signed up with Eye Bank Association of India to donate her eyes.
He has urged people to donate their bone marrow. "It's simple to donate bone marrow. You don't have to spend money for it. I think everybody should go and donate bone marrow," said Khan.
He said, "Kiran and I have discussed it, but we never discussed it seriously till she saw "Ship Of Theseus. When I die, I would like Kiran to be able to just call up a number to execute my wish of harvesting my organs. I will donate everything possible to donate, which is typically your eyes, kidneys, liver, heart and even your lungs."
She said, "I know the value of organ donation as my father at one point was deeply in need of one," she adds "I, hereby pledge to donate my organs. If we cannot live as good human beings, we can be nice at least after death."
The angry young man of Bollywood has set an example for many by donating his eyes.
The yesteryear actress has also decided to donate her eyes after death.
Madhavan has pledged to donate his eyes, heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, pancreas, bones and cartilages so that he can save the lives of others.
"Two eyes donated can light up the lives of two or even four blind people. It is a wonderful feeling to be part of the cause," said Rani Mukerji after announcing that she'll donate her eyes after death.
Farah Khan said, "I always had organ donation on my mind and wanted to start with my eyes." Farah Khan has pledged to donate her eyes as well as her organs.
He has pledged to donate his eyes too. He said, "Our religious beliefs go against organ donation. We can save thousands of lives by changing our attitudes."
Kiran Rao has pledged to donate her organs too.
Navjot Singh Sidhu
Navjot Singh Sidhu has also pledged to donate all his organs after his death.
"Donating organs is a great cause. I appeal to the celebrities and people that they should take initiative in donating their body organs," said Vinod Kambli.
Bollywood actor Rishi Kapoor pledged to donate organs.
The pretty actress has pledged to donate all her organs. She said, "I have always wanted to donate my organs. When we are dead and gone, if our organs could save anyone's life, then why wouldn't we do it."