- Neetu Kapoor Was Never This Sweet To Katrina Kaif; Showers Love On Ranbir's GF Alia Bhatt Yet Again!
- Bigg Boss 12: Tentative Contestants List Out! Salman To Co-host The Show With Ex-Girlfriend Kaif?
- Katrina Kaif's Birthday Celebration Pics: Actress Rings In Special Day At A Countryside With Family!
- Deepika Padukone Ends Cold War With Katrina Kaif; Does The Unexpected On Her Birthday!
- Katrina Kaif's First Look From Zero: Shahrukh Khan Asks 'Why So Serious?'
- When Salman Khan Embarrassed Janhvi Kapoor By Telling Her To Dance In Front Of Katrina Kaif & Others
- Alia Bhatt’s Latest Instagram Posts Are All About Boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor & His EX-GF Katrina Kaif!
- Birthday Girl Katrina Kaif Ditches A Star-Studded Bash; Begins Celebrations With Vitamin Sea Instead
- Katrina Kaif: I Don't Think You Can Ever Feel 100 Percent Secure In Bollywood
- Katrina Kaif Birthday Special: 7 Quotes Of Hers On Love & Break-up That Every Lover Will Relate To!
- Will Katrina Kaif Throw A Grand Party On Her 35th Birthday? Read Details!
- When Salman Khan WARNED Katrina Kaif & Jacqueline Fernandez That He Will Lock Both Of Them In A Room
Actors take a lot of time in choosing the right script and even promise the filmmakers to star in their movie. But eventually when a better script comes forward or a better project opportunity is seen, these Bollywood celebs without any hassles ditch one project for another and that too at the very last minute.
The movie that made news for such a thing happening quite frequently was Karan Johar's Shuddhi. First Hrithik Roshan ditched the project after which Kareena Kapoor walked out, if that wasn't enough the next pair Karan was thinking off- Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone too walked out of the project choosing Sanjay's Bajirao Mastani over this film. With the actors repeatedly walking out of this movie at the very last minute, filmmaker Karan was left devastated.
Each time the reason for ditching the projects is new, while some walkout citing personal feuds financial disagreements and ego clashes, others walkout solely for professional reasons. For example, Sajid Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez allegedly enjoyed an intimate relationship for long. Reports suggested that Jacqueline realized she was missing out on major projects because of Sajid's interference and the couple eventually broke up. Jacqueline was supposed to be a part of Sajid's multi-starrer Humshakals but due to their sore relationship, she was replaced by Esha Gupta.
It has become a common practice for Bollywood celebrities to walkout of projects like how Kareena Kapoor walked out of Ram Leela for Karan's Gori Tere Pyaar Mein. Replacements are hard to face for filmmakers but eventually they do happen. Dynamics of the film end up changing a lot with the change in different star value.
Let's check out the Bollywood celebrities who ditched one project for another...
Under the garb of creative inputs, Aamir Khan is always pushing his suggestions onto filmmakers. The perfectionist Khan did the same with Excel Entertainment's sci-fi drama, and ended up walking out of the film at the last moment. Almost within a week, Hrithik Roshan was signed on board and Deepika Padukone will be seen as the leading lady.
The actress walked out of the forthcoming Shaukeen remake as she wanted to be part of a Hollywood project. Nargis is said to have done the same with Akshay Kumar's next project, Khiladi 786.
Sushant Singh Rajput
Citing date clashes, Sushant conveniently opted out of UTV's Fitoor to be a part of Shekhar Kapur's Paani. Aditya Roy Kapoor has replaced Sushant.
Akshay Kumar has belted out hilarious comedies, but the actor was dropped out of the sequel of Welcome, and replaced by John Abraham. Akshay Kumar reportedly was dilly-dallying the film as he had a fall out with the film's producer, Feroz Nadiadwala.
Going by the trade buzz, this actor seems to be attracting some good films, although he has been selecting ones that don't work for his graph. In recent times, Shahid allegedly walked out of Milan Talkies as well as Bejoy Nambiar's upcoming film due to creative differences.
PC is known for selecting a script and sticking with it. But she failed to commit dates to Ek Thi Daayan (2013) nor did she have any for Ekta Kapoor's Milan Talkies.
After a dream launch by Karan Johar's Student of the Year, Varun walked out of a film contract with Balaji Films because of creative differences. Later, he declined a role in Milan Talkies as he wished to star in Sriram Raghavan's untitled film.
This talented actress abandoned Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Ram-Leela to take up Punit Malhotra's project, Gori Tere Pyaar Mein. She also opted out of Karan Johar's Shuddhi due to unspecified reasons.
Last year, Kat turned down Ayan Mukerji's Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani as she was keen to star in Aditya Chopra's Dhoom 3. Now she has reportedly walked out of Rahul Dholakia's Raees due to unspecified reasons.
She turned down several film offers, including The Dirty Picture (2011) and Ragini MMS (2011) in order to take up forgettable roles in Double Dhamaal (2011) and Rascals (2011). Of late, she has been sticking to her chosen scripts.
She violated Yash Raj Films' contract in order to star in Bhatt camp's Aashiqui 2 (2013). She then walked out of Umesh Shukla's next, saying that she didn't want to work opposite older actors.
She has been starring mainly in sequels. So it's worth noting that the two films that she walked out of Murder 3 and Krrish 3.