- Pics: Bromance Between Arjun Kapoor & Aditya Roy Kapoor Might Make Ranveer Singh Jealous
- Is Aditya Chopra Still Miffed At Katrina Kaif?
- Why Did Priyanka Chopra Thank Her Fans On Social Media?
- OMG: Parineeti Chopra Says, Arjun Kapoor Is Her World!
- This Is Why Arjun Kapoor Bonds So Well With Ranveer Singh
- IIFA 2015 Promo: Ranveer Singh-Arjun Kapoor Get Funnily Spiritual
- Arjun Kapoor Turns Fatty And Lazy Again (See Pic)
- Priyanka Is The Hottest Item Girl, Says Nargis Fakhri
- Are Arjun Kapoor-Ranveer Singh New Rivals In B-Town?
- Arjun Kapoor Wants A Break From Films!
- What Made Priyanka Chopra Lose Seven Kilos In 20 Days?
- 2 States Has Broken Stereotype About Me: Arjun Kapoor
- Ava Mukherjee Who Played Shahrukh Khan's Dadi In Devdas Passes Away At The Age Of 88
The city of Joy Kolkata, is searched more highly today after the brilliant win of Kolkata Knight Riders won the IPL 7. The city has been in the limelight in Bollywood as well. We not talking saying this because of Shahrukh Khan. A lot of hit Bollywood movies have been made in the cultured city of joy, Kolkata. Its colonial style tall architecture, the serene beauty, and the Ganges have been beautifully shown in several hit Bollywood films.
In fact, Kolkata has been re-discovered by filmmakers in Bollywood. A lot of Bollywood films like Devdas, Kahaani, Parineeta, Gunday, Lootera and many more have been shot in Kolkata. Some of the movies are also based on stories from the city.
From shooting to picking up stories from the city, filmmakers have a soft spot for Kolkata. Thanks to the divine artistic beauty and the earthy charm, movies which are shot in Kolkata have a different cinematography which is a treat to the eyes.
For example, Sanjay Leela Bhansali made us fall in love with Kolkata after we saw Devdas. The film is a remake of Bimal Roy's 1956 'Devdas', and is based on the Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay novel. The extravagant scenes and vintage style just showed the eternal Kolkata.
Not only the location, even their language Bengali is used in numerous films. Even if the movies are not shot in Kolkata, some movies have used one of the most popular languages, Bengali. For example, we have seen Bollywood stars speaking in Bengali in movies like Bhool Bhulaiyaa and Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge to name a few.
Here is a list of Bollywood movies which have been shot in Kolkata.
Bollywood Movies Which Were Shot In Kolkata:
The super hit film was also shot in Kolkata. Apart from the Bengali culture, we even saw the vintage cars.
Pradeep Sarkar's Parineeta showed Howrah Bridge, the tram, and then Darjeeling's Toy Train, the movie showed some really beautiful scenes of Kolkata. We even saw the famous Dhuni dance.
Gunday showed Howrah Bridge, the Ganga river, the famous Kali temple, Dakshineswar. It also showed the world famous, Durga Puja.
This Bollywood movie was also shot in Kolkata. It showed the traditional rickshaw puller, the Howrah Bridge and the famous Presidency College. Some scenes of this movie was also shot in and around the famous Vidyasagar Setu.
The hit film based on Jhumpa Lahiri's bestselling novel of the same title showed the cultural adaptation from Kolkata to New York.
Love Aaj Kal
Saif did another movie which was shot in Kolkata. We saw trams and the Howrah Bridge.
The beauty and art of Kolkata and Darjeeling were shown creatively by Anurag Basu in Barfi.
The movie brought back the city into limelight. Kahaani was set in an obscure South Kolkata which a Calcuttan almost passes by everyday.
Adapted from O. Henry's The Last Leaf, the film beautifully portrayed the Bengal in the 50s.
Detective Byomkyesh Bakshi
This is an upcoming Bollywood film which too is shot in Kolkata. The film stars Sushant Singh Rajput.