- John Abraham Is Unfazed By Box Office Clash With Akshay Kumar!
- Satyameva Jayate Trailer: John Abraham Goes On A Killing Spree To Eliminate Corruption!
- John Abraham Believes The Biggest Stars Are Action Heroes!
- John Abraham-Salman Khan's COLD WAR Continues; Did You Know About Katrina Kaif's Connection With It?
- Fight Brewing Between John Abraham & Akshay Kumar? The Truth Is Finally Out!
- Parmanu First Day (Opening) Box Office Collection!
- Parmanu Review: This Story Of India's Glory Fails To Translate Into A Pulsating Watch On Celluloid!
- INTERVIEW: Parmanu Is Not A Patriotic Film, It's An Engaging Thriller - John Abraham
- John Abraham On Garam Masala 2: I Have Discussed It With Akshay Kumar
- John Abraham: I Am Not A Narcissistic Person By Nature; I Am A Middle Class Person
- Parmanu Trailer: John Abrahan & Diana Penty Are On A Secret Operation! Watch Here
- Satyameva Jayate: First Look Of This John Abraham-Manoj Bajpayee Starrer Looks Quite Intriguing!
Bollywood is a big industry, every star has fascination towards football. While they can't go take part in the FIFA World Cup 2014, they can for sure make some movies on Football.
Taking this seriously is John Abraham whose upcoming project in based on Football. He has early done a movie, Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal on the same line, where he plays the role of a football player. It is a 2007 Bollywood sport film, a contemporary fictional story of the South Asian community in the UK, told through the prism of professional football.
John Abraham who is currently living the 2014 FIFA World Cup fever, is also a co-owner of Indian Super League (ISL) Guwahati franchise North East United FC. If rumours are to be believed then he may just rope in some real football players for his movie production 1911.
The film, he says, is a truly inspirational story of late Indian footballer Sibdas Bhaduri, who captained Mohun Bagan in the historic 1911 IFA Shield final when they defeated the East Yorkshire Regiment to become the maiden Asian team to emerge victorious in the competition. John is a football fan himself and he is not just producing but also acting in. He says the movie will turn out to be as different as his past two productions, both of which pocketed National Film Awards in different categories, Vicky Donor and Madras Cafe.
With the ongoing football fever, why not list out all the Bollywood movies that were ever based on football. Read on and find out all the Bollywood movies that were based on football.
Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal
Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal had John Abraham, Bipasha Basu as lead characters in the story of a football loving South Asian community in the UK.
Bend It Like Beckham
Bend it Like Beckham was directed by Gurinder Chadha, starring Parminder Nagra, Keira Knightley and Anupam Kher is a story of an Indian girl's passion for football and how she convinces her family to let her achieve her dream.
Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna had Shah Rukh Khan as the lead actor who the role of Dev, a successful soccer player in the United States who loses his career due to a fatal accident that cause him to limp through out his life.
Sikandar is a story of a 14 year old schoolboy who is passionate about football, but unfortunate circumstances change his path.
Saaheb, a 1985 movie starred Anil Kapoor, Raakhe, Amrita Singh. It is the story of a football player, caught in the life and it's unfortunate circumstances.
Hip Hip Hurray
Hip Hip Hurray was a 1984 Hindi film directed by Prakash Jha, the story of a computer engineer who takes up a temporary job as sports instructor in a school and leads the school to historic victory in a football match.