- Abhishek Bachchan Looks Super Happy As He Joins Wife Aishwarya & Daughter Aaradhya For A Vacation!
- Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati To Replace Salman Khan’s Dus Ka Dum?
- Remembering Prakash Mehra! The Man Who Gave Bollywood It's First 'Angry Young Man'
- Brahmastra: Nagarjuna To Make His Comeback In Bollywood With This Ranbir-Alia Starrer?
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Amitabh, Abhishek & Shweta Bachchan Witness France's Victory [View Pic]
- Amitabh Bachchan Has A Funny Take On His Family Picture & We Couldn't Agree More!
- Uh Oh! Amitabh Bachchan Was Mistaken For Salman Khan In Glasgow & Twitteratis Aren't Very Amused!
- Ranbir Kapoor Terribly Excited About Brahmastra, Reveals A Shocking Detail About The Film!
- When Amitabh Bachchan Was SLAPPED By A Langur On A Film's Set For Ignoring Him!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Pregnancy! Did Amitabh Bachchan Try To Control News On Aish's Delivery?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan RUBBISHES Family Fight Rumours; Shares A WOW PIC With Jaya & Amitabh Bachchan
- Amitabh Bachchan On 102 Not Out: My Family Really Liked The Film, The Children Loved It
Bollywood has always acknowledged the sacrifices of the armed forces who are guarding India's borders and entertained the audiences from time to time by making films on the subject of war. Filmmakers never shied away from evoking nationalism by celebrating the heroic deeds of our soldiers on silver screen.
The filmmakers through their films tried to depict the tension and the trauma faced by the soldiers and their families. Movies like Border, LOC Kargil, Himmat are few to name. India has witnessed many wars in the past but what is going through the mind of the jawan's who are on the front is never known. From Amitabh Bachchan to Akshay Kumar, every actor gave his best while portraying the role of a soldier in the reel life.
With the widening of the canvas, filmmaker's have also shifted their focus from the victory saga's to other sensitive issues. Present day movies encourage the young generation to become the part of the armed forces. Actors like Hrithik Roshan and Bobby Deol have essayed the roles of directionless youths who went on becoming a dedicated officer.
Our relations with our neighbour Pakistan are strained since independence and that's the reason why we went into wars many a times. Films on war have all the masala for a perfect Bollywood entertainer, it has action, drama, and tragedy. The audience has also loved to watch the real hero's sacrifice on the big screen.
Today, on the Kargil Diwas we bring you the list of movies based on war and remember the sacrifices of our soldiers.
Hindustan Ki Kasam
Veteran actor Raaj Kumar played the role of an IAF pilot who took the oath of taking the revenge from the Pakistani Army. The movie was based on the operation Cactus Lily which happened during the 1971 war.
Film was based on the second world war when the Indian Air Force fought with the Japanese invaders during the second world war. Veteran actor Rajendra Kumar and Dharmendra essayed the role of the officers. Film was directed by Ramanand Sagar which released in the year 1972.
Filmmaker JP Dutta gave a blockbuster film which showcased the incident which happened during the Battle of Longewala, in Rajashthan during the Indo-Pak war in 1971. Film had huge star cast with the actors like Sunil Shetty, Jackie Shroff, Sunny Deol, Pooja Bhatt, Tabu and Kulbhushan Kharbanda.
Film was made with keeping the Kargil war in the backdrop. Actor Hrithik Roshan played the role of a careless boy who gets admitted into the millitary academy and become a successful officer later. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan played the role of Col. Sunil Damle in the movie.
Director JP Dutta made another film based on the war in the year 2003. Movie was based on the Operation Vijay and the Battle of Tololing which happened during the Kargil War. LOC Kargil was one of the longest running film.
It was an anti-war film which showcased the loss and the pain of the human life. Actor Bobby Deol, Ajay Devgn and Sunil Shetty played the lead roles in the film. The film was written and directed by Mani Ratnam.
Film starring actor Manoj Bajpai in the main role was the story of the prisoners of war. The movie won the national Award for the Best Feature Film in Hindi. The film showcased the trauma of the Indian soldiers who were taken to Pakistan as the prisoners.