- Aamir Khan On His Birthday: I Was Wishing Amitabh Bachchan Should Wish Me First And He Did
- Aamir Khan Celebrates His Birthday With Thugs Of Hindostan Cast In Jodhpur!
- Amitabh Bachchan In Pain Because Of Heavy Thugs Of Hindostan Costumes; Says He's Fine Now
- OUCH! Aamir Khan Wants Katrina Kaif To Reshoot Her Scenes In Thugs Of Hindostan?
- OOPS! Amitabh Bachchan DISCRIMINATES Between Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Shweta Bachchan; Fans Slam Him
- Joy To See Ladies On 'Thugs Of Hindostan' Sets: Amitabh Bachchan
- INSIDE PICTURES From Jalsa! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan & Aaradhya Bachchan Celebrate HOLI With Amitabh
- HEART-BREAKING! Shahrukh Khan & Amitabh Bachchan Get Emotional After Attending Sridevi's Funeral
- Dark Day For Bollywood! Amitabh Bachchan Had A Premonition About Sridevi's Death?
- LOOK AT THAT! Ranbir Kapoor's 'Brahmastra' Is A Battle Axe; Why Is He ROAMING On Mumbai Streets?
- STOPPED AGEING OR WHAT? Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's KILLING IT At Femina Beauty Awards; Big B Joins Her
- Amitabh Bachchan Praises Soha Ali Khan's 'Spine And Spunk' After Reading Her Book
- Don't Want Anyone To Put An Image On Me: Akshay Kumar
Bollywood has always acknowledged the sacrifices of the armed forces who are guarding India's borders and entertained the audiences from time to time by making films on the subject of war. Filmmakers never shied away from evoking nationalism by celebrating the heroic deeds of our soldiers on silver screen.
The filmmakers through their films tried to depict the tension and the trauma faced by the soldiers and their families. Movies like Border, LOC Kargil, Himmat are few to name. India has witnessed many wars in the past but what is going through the mind of the jawan's who are on the front is never known. From Amitabh Bachchan to Akshay Kumar, every actor gave his best while portraying the role of a soldier in the reel life.
With the widening of the canvas, filmmaker's have also shifted their focus from the victory saga's to other sensitive issues. Present day movies encourage the young generation to become the part of the armed forces. Actors like Hrithik Roshan and Bobby Deol have essayed the roles of directionless youths who went on becoming a dedicated officer.
Our relations with our neighbour Pakistan are strained since independence and that's the reason why we went into wars many a times. Films on war have all the masala for a perfect Bollywood entertainer, it has action, drama, and tragedy. The audience has also loved to watch the real hero's sacrifice on the big screen.
Today, on the Kargil Diwas we bring you the list of movies based on war and remember the sacrifices of our soldiers.
Hindustan Ki Kasam
Veteran actor Raaj Kumar played the role of an IAF pilot who took the oath of taking the revenge from the Pakistani Army. The movie was based on the operation Cactus Lily which happened during the 1971 war.
Film was based on the second world war when the Indian Air Force fought with the Japanese invaders during the second world war. Veteran actor Rajendra Kumar and Dharmendra essayed the role of the officers. Film was directed by Ramanand Sagar which released in the year 1972.
Filmmaker JP Dutta gave a blockbuster film which showcased the incident which happened during the Battle of Longewala, in Rajashthan during the Indo-Pak war in 1971. Film had huge star cast with the actors like Sunil Shetty, Jackie Shroff, Sunny Deol, Pooja Bhatt, Tabu and Kulbhushan Kharbanda.
Film was made with keeping the Kargil war in the backdrop. Actor Hrithik Roshan played the role of a careless boy who gets admitted into the millitary academy and become a successful officer later. Megastar Amitabh Bachchan played the role of Col. Sunil Damle in the movie.
Director JP Dutta made another film based on the war in the year 2003. Movie was based on the Operation Vijay and the Battle of Tololing which happened during the Kargil War. LOC Kargil was one of the longest running film.
It was an anti-war film which showcased the loss and the pain of the human life. Actor Bobby Deol, Ajay Devgn and Sunil Shetty played the lead roles in the film. The film was written and directed by Mani Ratnam.
Film starring actor Manoj Bajpai in the main role was the story of the prisoners of war. The movie won the national Award for the Best Feature Film in Hindi. The film showcased the trauma of the Indian soldiers who were taken to Pakistan as the prisoners.