- How Is Shahrukh Khan In Real Life, Arrogant, Full Of Attitude Or Humble? Fans Reveal The Truth
- 21 Years Of Yes Boss: Juhi Chawla's Throwback Pic With SRK Will Crack You Up!
- Shahrukh Khan's Meer Foundation Sets Up An Initiative For Acid-Attack Survivors!
- Salman Khan & Akshay Kumar Make It To The Forbes Highest Paid Celebs’ List, Shahrukh Khan Not On It!
- Shahrukh Khan Pulls Wife Gauri Khan's Leg With His Hilarious Comment On Her Pic With Suhana!
- Katrina Kaif's First Look From Zero: Shahrukh Khan Asks 'Why So Serious?'
- Here's The Latest Update On Shahrukh Khan's Ra One Sequel!
- Janhvi Kapoor: I Was Obsessed With SRK's Om Shanti Om; Would Enact Every Scene From The Film
- Shahrukh Khan Reveals Why He Got Married To Gauri Khan So Early, Lies About Smoking & Much More!
- Trending: Here's Alia Bhatt Singing Ranbir Kapoor’s Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- 16 Years Of Devdas: Aishwarya Rai Kept Dancing With BLEEDING Ears; Shahrukh REPLACED Salman Khan
- WWE Star John Cena Is Inspired By Shahrukh Khan, Here's The Proof!
Bollywood's love for sports is known to the world as we catch a glimpse of our loved stars on-field every now and then. Many of our B-town celebrities have started investing in buying franchise in different leagues as they want to encourage sports in the country and earn extra money.
With the gaining popularity of sports among movie buffs, filmmakers are not shying away from keeping the subject of their films on sports and lives of sports persons. Actors too were seen giving in their best to make their character more realistic on-screen.
Superstars like Aamir, Shahrukh, Akshay Kumar and even veteran actor Dharmendra have essayed the role of a sportsperson on screen. Aamir's film Lagaan is one of the biggest film in the history of Indian cinema based on sport. Lagaan is a story of villagers who played the game of cricket to get tax relief from the British regime.
Superstar Shahrukh Khan was also appreciated for his role of a coach to the women's hockey team in Chak De India. Cricket is the most popular game in India but, the B-town has praised all the sports equally as the makers have focused on games like football and hockey also. Actor John Abraham who personally likes playing football was seen playing the ball for English county team in the movie Goal.
The success rate of the sports based film have encouraged the filmmakers to make more movies of this kind. Recently made, biopic Bhaag Milkha Bhaag has won many awards for showcasing the life of the Indian athlete Milkha Singh on the silver screen. In coming days, filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Viacom 18 will be coming up with a biopic made on country's sole woman Olympian boxer Mary Kom.
Bollywood beauty Priyanka Chopra, playing the lead, has underwent hard training to portray the role of the boxer in the film. Actor Farhan Akhtar had also done rigorous training to play an athlete in the film Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
Click here to watch the films based on sports.
The film was a sports drama in which the group of villagers play the game of cricket with British officials to get relief from high taxes. Mr Perfectionist Aamir Khan essayed the role of the boy Bhuvan who lead the team of the villagers. Lagaan was the biggest blockbuster of the year 2001. The film's popularity crossed India's boundary and it was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
The film was directed by Nagesh Kuknoor which depicts the story of a deaf and a mute boy who dreamed to play for the Indian cricket team. Actor Shreyas Talpade essayed the role of Iqbal. Film was released in the year 2005.
Superstar Shahrukh Khan portrayed the role of a coach named Kabir Khan. Story revolved around Kabir who trained the women's hockey team to eventually win world championship. Shahrukh's reel character was inspired by real life story of former Indian hockey player Mir Ranjan Negi. King Khan received critical acclaims for his hard work.
Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal
Actor John Abraham played the footballer in the film, which was based on the South Asian community of UK, who also wanted to play football for the county team. Actor Arshad Warsi and Bipasha Basu also starred in the movie.
Veteran actor Dharmendra played the role of a boxer in the film. His sons actor Sunny and Bobby Deol shared the screen space with him in the movie. The film was directed by Anil Sharma.
Actor Akshay Kumar played the role of young Punjabi man who aspired to play for the English cricket team, but left disappointed after his father dared him to commit suicide if he played for the English team.
Paan Singh Tomar
Actor Irrfan Khan portrayed the role of legendary Indian athlete-turned bandit Paan Singh Tomar. Directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia, the film won few National Award for the year 2012.
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
It was a biopic made on the Indian athlete Milkha Singh whose character was essayed by actor Farhan Akhtar in the film. Directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, the film won the National Award for Best Feature Film.