- INTERESTING! A Restaurant Inspired By Farhan Akhtar's Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
- Farhan Akhtar To Play A Cop In His Next!
- Farhan Akhtar Loves Doing Ensemble Cast Films
- Check Out: Actors Who Turned Sportsman On-Screen
- Bollywood Movies Based On True Stories
- National Film Awards 2014 Winning Movies To Watch!
- IIFA 2014: Bhaag Milkha Bhaag Sweeps The Honours
- IIFA 2014 Awards: Shreya Ghoshal Bags Best Singer For 3rd Successive Term
- Exclusive: IIFA 2014 Nomination List
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag Shown At Saudi Arabia's Asian Film Festival
- Zee Cine Awards 2014: Shahrukh Bags Best Actor Award; Farhan Gets Jury Award
- Zee Cine Awards 2014: Raj Kumar Rao, Divya Dutta, Swara Bhaskar Bag Awards
- Kamal Haasan On Sridevi's Sudden Demise: 'Sadma's Lullaby Haunts Me Now'
Director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' which bagged many awards this season including Best Direction, acting and screenplay, released one year back in July. The biopic sports drama was based on the true events of the Flying Sikh, Milkha Singh.
The movie showed the real events of Milkha Singh from 1960 when he ran in the Olympics. It also showed the childhood days of Milkha during the partition period. The movie has won many awards including Filmfare and National Award for Best Film.
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag has become one of the best Bollywood movies to have released till date. So, knowing some facts about this epic film is a must! Did you know Milkha Singh charged just Rs. 1 for BMB. Sonam kapoor took the shagun Rs. 11 for her role in the film.
There are some other amazing facts about this Farhan Akhtar's film, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. On the first anniversary of this epic Bollywood film, here are some interesting facts about Bhaag Milkha Bhaag that you must know.
Facts About Bhaag Milkha Bhaag You Must Know:
In an interview, Sonam Kapoor who played the role of Nirmal Kaur said that she charged Rs. 11 as her fees in 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'.
Athlete Milkha Singh, on whose life the film is based, charged Rs. 1 only for his contribution to the film. The athelete gave minute details of his life to Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Farhan so that they could come up with a real screenplay which gave justice to the biopic.
To get a chiselled athelete body, Farhan Akhtar was on rigourous training and a strict diet for about 18 months.
Milkha's real life wife Nirmal Kaur's character was played by Sonam Kapoor. However, in the movie, Milkha doesn't get married to Nirmal. Shriswara played his on-screen wife.
Did you know cricketer Yuvraj Singh's father Yograj acted in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. He played the role of Milkha's coach.
The Real Race
Before the movie commenced, Milka in real life challenged Farhan for a race. This happened when they met for the first time to get to know about the athlete.
The foreigner who played Stella is a TV actress in Australia who appeared in shows like Blue Water High and Home And Away.
During the shooting of the film, Milkha presented his sports shoes to Farhan that he wore to Rome Olympic.