- Rani Mukerji: People Still Know Me As Shahrukh Khan & Salman Khan's Heroine
- Kartik Aaryan: I Would Love To Do A Character Like Shahrukh Khan In Baazigar
- An Emotional Shahrukh Khan Tells Rani Mukerji, His Biggest Hichki Moment Is The Death Of His Parents
- IT'S OFFICIAL! R.Madhavan's Vikram Vedha To Be Remade In Bollywood [READ DETAILS]
- Zero: Katrina Kaif Posts A Picture With 'Birthday Boy' Abhay Deol & It's SUPER CUTE!
- Gauri & Shahrukh Khan TURN HEADS, Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh SLAY At Hello Hall Of Fame Awards
- Not Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge Or Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Shahrukh Says This Is His Most Beautiful Film
- NOT Salman Khan, Imtiaz Ali Feels Shahrukh Khan & Aamir Khan's Collaboration Is Important!
- Ajay Devgn: System Of Blocking Release Dates Is Gone!
- Are You Missing Shahrukh Khan's Son Aryan Khan? Here Are His Latest Pictures For You!
- A TWIST! Not Shahrukh Khan But This Actor To Romance Katrina Kaif In Aanand L Rai's Zero?
- HEART-BREAKING! Shahrukh Khan & Amitabh Bachchan Get Emotional After Attending Sridevi's Funeral
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge Turns 22: Ten Hilarious Memes On The Iconic Movie!
Makers of DDLJ have also released a new trailer of the film which made us revisit the ever-green romance of Shahrukh Khan as Raj and Kajol as Simran.
Indian cinema is famous all over the world for its unique content and absolute entertainment value. Like every film industry in the world, Bollywood has its set of legendary films that became landmarks in the industry's history. One such stalwart is Yash Raj Films' Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (DDLJ).
Shahrukh Khan's DDLJ has inspired generations of filmmakers ever since it has hit the theatres. Although, the movie was released in 1995, the movie still entertains the viewers like it did around 20 years back.
Every dialogue, every scene, every emotion depicted in the movie Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge still reside in our minds and any thing resembling to DDLJ, quickly takes us back to the charm of the film.
Now on the completion of 1000 weeks of Shahrukh Khan's Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, here is a list of top 10 films/scenes inspired from DDLJ.
Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania
This is an official remake of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Directed by Shashank Khaitan, this film was produced by Karan Johar. Everything about this film is almost exactly like the original DDLJ; especially in the climax scene where Alia Bhat proposes to Varun Dhawan in absolute Raj style - it's just that the genders are switched.
Jab We Met
Director Imtiaz Ali went on record saying he was deeply inspired by Aditya Chopra's direction in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Kareena Kapoor plays this film's female lead, Geet, who is carefree and very ‘filmy'. In fact, the opening sequence of Jab We Met where Geet chases a running train shows the DDLJ influence most prominently.
Bachna Ae Haseeno
This film is a bigger picture drawn with three little love stories. The first story involves Minnisha Lamba as Mahi, a dreamy girl who believes in true love and is sure she will meet her 'Raj'. She meets Raj (Ranbir Kapoor) while on a trip to Europe and falls in love with him, just like Simran fell in love with Raj while on a Euro trip.
The opening scene shows the female lead character played by Deepika Padukone, trying to run away from home. She is seen chasing a running train and Rahul (Shah Rukh Khan) is a passenger on the same train who helps her board it while the iconic tune is ‘Tujhe Dekha Toh Yeh Jaana Sanam' plays in the background.
When Tamilian Brahmin Ananya Swaminathan (Alia Bhatt) falls in love with Krish Malhotra (Arjun Kapoor), their parents were completely against the idea of their relationship. The film documents the couple's struggle to convince each others' families. Krish goes the extra mile to live with Ananya's family and mingles with them just to gain their trust, much like Raj did in DDLJ.
Break Ke Baad
In this film, the lead characters Abhay and Aaliya, played by Imran Khan and Deepika Padukone respectively, have been friends since childhood. A mushy scene in the film shows the two realizing their love for each other for the first time while they're watching DDLJ together.
The second half of this film sees Tiger Shroff as Bablu evolving from his hoodlum-ish behaviour to a mature Indian man who realizes the value of familial consent and decides to elope with Kriti Sanon as Dimpy. The young couple fights it out with Dimpy's family and her father gives them his consent at the last minute. The whole idea appears to be inspired by Raj and Simran's struggle while getting Simran's father's approval for their union in DDLJ.
Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
This film features a studious young girl who falls in love with a flamboyant and boyish guy while they're on a road trip to North India. The resemblance between this tale and that of Simran and Raj from DDLJ is quite strong.
I Hate Love Storys
By far the clearest reference to DDLJ after Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania is Imran Khan-Sonam Kapoor starrer I Hate Luv Storys. The lead characters are named Raj and Simran; they're both very vivid and Simran clearly speaks about how movies, especially DDLJ, inspire her.
Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi
This film has a completely unusual storyline, but involves a rather complicated love story between Boman Irani and Farah Khan as Farhad and Shirin respectively. Although the film itself has little resemblance to the story line of DDLJ, one of its posters is a clear remake of one of the iconic DDLJ posters.