- How A 'Worried' Saif Ali Khan Helped Sara Ali Khan In Bagging Rohit Shetty- Karan Johar's Simmba!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Thankful To Hubby Saif Ali Khan For Being Supportive After Taimur's Birth
- Rohit Shetty: Simmba Is Very Different From Singham!
- Here's What Kareena Kapoor Wants Taimur To Become When He Grows Up!
- Radhika Apte: Online Platforms Are Much More Bold & Daring As Compared To Movies!
- Saif Ali Khan On His Spat With Salman Khan: Differences That’ve Come Up, Remain Between Him And Me
- Salman Khan Took The Blame Just To Protect Someone: Insiders, Lawyer & Celebs' Shocking Revelations
- Salman Khan Sentenced To 5-year Jail Term In The Blackbuck Poaching Case!
- Salman Khan's Blackbuck Poaching Case Verdict: Live Updates
- Blackbuck Poaching Case: Salman Khan Convicted & Other Stars Acquitted, Sentence To Be Given Shortly
- Saif Ali Khan Loses His Temper At Jodhpur Airport; Threatens To Slap His Driver
- Karisma Kapoor & Boyfriend Sandeep Toshniwal To Make Their Relationship Official?
Saif Ali Khan, actor, producer and husband of Kareena Kapoor have got embroiled in yet another controversy. If rumours are to be believed, a demand was placed to strip away the Padma Shri honour from Saif.
On March 14, S C Agrawal, an RTI activist, had filed a complaint with the Union Home Ministry demanding stripping Saif of the award as the Mumbai court had framed charges against him for alleged brawl in a restaurant there.
Agarwal had written, "It refers to charges framed against Saif Ali Khan by a Mumbai-court for scuffle in a Mumbai-restaurant. Film-actor is already facing several other criminal cases against him. An RTI response revealed that Saif Ali Khan involved in many criminal cases was recommended for Padma awards by 'Awards Committee' in its meeting without mentioning name of member of Awards Committee having recommended his name. Significantly senior government-officers and eminent personalities from different fields are members of the Awards Committee, and all the recommended names are to be cleared by several intelligence-agencies before being announced for Padma awards on Republic-Day eve."
But in the wake of new developments in the case, the home ministry on Thursday denied any move to strip actor Saif Ali Khan of his Padma Shri award, conferred on him in 2010, in the wake of a Mumbai court framing charges against him for assaulting an NRI businessman at a city hotel.
Saif, son of actress Sharmila Tagore and late cricketer M A K Pataudi and married to actress Kareena Kapoor, has also been charged by a Jodhpur court in the 1998 blackbuck shooting case. So with so many controversies in his life, Agarwal had made such a complaint. These two are not the only controversies of his life, check out the other controversial incidents in the Nawab of Pataudi's life.
Saif Ali Khan was asked to vacate the VIP lounge after he refused to follow the instructions and started arguing.
During the shooting of Love Aaj Kal, Khan allegedly assaulted a photographer named Pawan Sharma.
He was charged with poaching two black bucks during the filming of the movie Hum Saath Saath Hain along with co-stars Salman Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre and Neelam.
Ashok Row Kavi claimed that Saif Ali Khan beat him up inside his house and assaulted his mother too, who fell down from his attack.
Saif allegedly bashed up Kanan Divecha, the assistant editor of film magazine Star and Style, after the magazine published an article about Saif's then wife Amrita Singh's alleged affair with a top film star.