- Happy New Year To Fight It Out With Three Other Films At Box Office
- Happy New Year Gets A Release Date
- Happy New Year Songs Get Good Responses
- WOW PICTURES: Here's How Aishwarya Rai, Kareena, Deepika, Katrina & Others Celebrated The New Year!
- All You Need To Know About Pannaga Bharana's Happy New Year
- Shahrukh Khan & Ranveer Singh To Romance Deepika Padukone In SLB's Next?
- 10 Lovely & Splendid Pics Of Deepika Padukone From Instagram
- Awesome! Shahrukh Khan Promises To Do 3 Movies A Year
- These Crazy 'Behind The Sets' Pics Of SRK & Others, From Happy New Year Is Worth Seeing!
- MUST READ! When Deepika Padukone Met Shahrukh Khan For The First Time!
- When Nawazuddin Siddiqui Met Shahrukh Khan For The First Time!
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan: Even After Career-Best Performance, Salman Fails To Beat Shahrukh And Aamir!
Shahrukh Khan's Happy New Year which released this Diwali has went onto break all records that were ever set at the Indian Box Office. The movie starring Shahrukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood, Boman Irani and Vivaan Shah has done exceptionally well at the Box Office.
In fact they have created a history owing to it's record breaking collections of over Rs 44.97 crores on the opening day itself. In spite of some not so good reviews from the critics, the film continued to fare well and ended up collecting Rs 38 crores on Saturday and Rs 25.89 crores on first Sunday.
These mind boggling collections of Rs 108.86 crores have got Happy New Year into the 100 crore club within three days of it's release. This is not the first time an auspicious festival like Diwali has proved to be lucky for movies. There are many such Bollywood movies that have released on Diwali over the years and every year they have managed to break the records of the Box Office set at the time.
Shahrukh Khan's biggest blockbuster in the history of Bollywood films Diwale Dulhania Le Jayenge which is still running in the theatres was also released on Diwali of 1995. The movie still runs at the Maratha Mandir in Mumbai with this year marking its 20th year run and what more the theatre has no plans of removing the film anytime soon.
This shows how auspicious Diwali has proved to be for Bollywood films, Diwali 2014 has become the most lucky for the Happy New Year team who has planning to celebrate the success of the movie soon.
Here is a list of Bollywood Diwali releases in the last 10 years that has rocked the Box Office collections. Take a look...
Happy New Year
Happy New Year has managed to mint Rs 108.8 crores within three days of it's release this Diwali.
Hrithik's movie released on Diwali, 2013 and this too broke the records at the time making it the fourth highest grossing film.
Son Of Sardaar
Ajay Devgn's Son Of Sardaar clashed with SRK's Jab Tak Hain Jaan on 2012 Diwali, yet the movie minted money and won the audience over.
Jab Tak Hain Jaan
Another movie of SRK's which released on the Diwali of 2012. The movie did really well at the Indian Box office.
Shahrukh Khan's Ra. One was not great a movie but this too managed to break some Box Office records at the time of its release on Diwali of 2011.
Rohit Shetty's Golmaal series was huge hit, from the first movie to the last. Golmaal 3 released on Diwali of 2010.
Om Shanti Om
Deepika's first big break in Bollywood was a Diwali release in 2007. Farah Khan's next big blockbuster after Main Hoon Na.
Farhan Akhtar's Don had a lot riding on it, considering it was a remake of Big B's cult movie. This released on the Diwali of 2006.
This movie released on 2005 Diwali and proved to be a big push to John's career owing to its awesome performance at the Box Office.
This movie was one of the biggest Bolylwood romance film ever that released on Diwali of 2004 and went onto mint majoy moolah at the Box Office.